Around the NHL 2024/25

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Out 4-6 months by the sounds of it…..

So maybe back after the all star break and even then how effective can anyone be coming off of a major knee injury. This season is probably a write off so that makes two in a row now in what should be the prime of his career.

Kid is going through a major rough stretch professionally. He is very fortunate to be in the NHL with guaranteed contracts.

Jet

Chibby!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Out 4-6 months by the sounds of it…..
Man what a shit deal for the guy.

Part of my wanted him to flame out because I hate the habs and my bf is a Habs fan who always thinks the canadiens are going to be great - but a bigger part of me wanted him to have a resurrection after what he's been through

Reactions: ps241 and sipowicz

ERYX

'Pegger in Exile
Oct 25, 2014
Ontario, Canada
I said my piece on Twitter. A bullshit play from a no-name defenseman in a meaningless game effectively ruined his entire f***ing season. Garbage. I feel so bad for him. I want him to succeed. Christ.
I've been trying to watch the video objectively ... I'm not a fan of either the Leafs or the Canadiens, and don't want to see a player get hurt.

But can you explain what, in your view, is "bullshit" about the play?

It didn't look like a purposeful knee-on-knee, in fact it wasn't knee-on-knee per se, it was more like Laine's shin went under Pare's knee and bent awkwardly. Pare looks like he's just stepping into a bodycheck as Laine tried to dangle him and the other Leafs player. What was Pare supposed to do? Stepping aside to let Laine past seems like the only option to avoid this outcome unless you see another option that would have rendered Pare's approach non-bullshit.

I know nothing of Pare, not going out of my way to defend him. I don't hate Laine. I'm just honestly saying that based on what I see and my own (albeit low level community club) hockey experience I don't know what else Pare was supposed to do there.

Reactions: Buffdog

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
I've been trying to watch the video objectively ... I'm not a fan of either the Leafs or the Canadiens, and don't want to see a player get hurt.

But can you explain what, in your view, is "bullshit" about the play?

It didn't look like a purposeful knee-on-knee, in fact it wasn't knee-on-knee per se, it was more like Laine's shin went under Pare's knee and bent awkwardly. Pare looks like he's just stepping into a bodycheck as Laine tried to dangle him and the other Leafs player. What was Pare supposed to do? Stepping aside to let Laine past seems like the only option to avoid this outcome unless you see another option that would have rendered Pare's approach non-bullshit.

I know nothing of Pare, not going out of my way to defend him. I don't hate Laine. I'm just honestly saying that based on what I see and my own (albeit low level community club) hockey experience I don't know what else Pare was supposed to do there.

I think there's often a split second reaction without thinking if a player is about to go by to stick out the leg a bit and try to impede the skater. I don't believe it's a malicious intent in 99% of cases in these things.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
This breakdown gives a good view of the contact and comes to an objective conclusion

In the absence of just getting out of Laine's way or letting letting him through, I'm not sure what Pare could have done differently

Just an unfortunate incident

Reactions: Jets 31 and ERYX

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
This breakdown gives a good view of the contact and comes to an objective conclusion

In the absence of just getting out of Laine's way or letting letting him through, I'm not sure what Pare could have done differently

Just an unfortunate incident

That was a pretty good breakdown on the injury. I feel for Laine though.

Reactions: Buffdog

Keystone

Apr 30, 2011
Manitoba
I get a little joy when I see that former Jets pick Nate Smith was waived by the Canucks. He’d probably love to sign with the Jets now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad