Around the NHL 2024/25

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
The issue is there prospects are non existent or have been poached via offer sheet. It isn't their star contracts that are the issue, it's 9 million for Nurse. The wasted value in Campbell, and expensive middle 6 talent like Kane. That is where you run into massive issues.
Kane is ltir forever...

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

B33R LEAGUE

"Just another day at the office" -Byfuglien
May 19, 2021
Wtf Utah...? 😳

1725504608010.jpeg

1725504664487.jpeg

Last edited:

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
I could swear that the new owner of Utah owns a huge advertising agency? No?

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Oilers are in an interesting spot. They have the best player in the world and they have a top 5 scorer in the League that usually puts up about 110 points minimum. Those guys are going to be the highest paid player and top 3 type paid player in the NHL no matter who is negotiating. That is largely the hand they have been dealt and they have to play it.

They were on the cusp of a cup last season so their model can work. The question is will it come together this season? Once Drai and Bouchard’s contract kick in next season then I expect a more challenging time for them to add depth pieces.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Oilers are in an interesting spot. They have the best player in the world and they have a top 5 scorer in the League that usually puts up about 110 points minimum. Those guys are going to be the highest paid player and top 3 type paid player in the NHL no matter who is negotiating. That is largely the hand they have been dealt and they have to play it.

They were on the cusp of a cup last season so their model can work. The question is will it come together this season? Once Drai and Bouchard’s contract kick in next season then I expect a more challenging time for them to add depth pieces.
2nd pairing RHD is going to be an issue - actually the whole second pairing is a problem

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015

They had no other choice.
It’s iffy
Goaltending could still be the Achilles heel, one decent season does not a goaltenders legacy make

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
They had no other choice.
It’s iffy
Goaltending could still be the Achilles heel, one decent season does not a goaltenders legacy make

Lots could go wrong. It’s always a crap shoot to win the Stanley Cup. Things broke right for them last playoffs dodging Vegas in the 1st round, beating the Nucks after they were almost down and out. Don’t get me wrong everyone needs a break here and there but they are far from a sure thing to get back.

That being said they will be in the mix for sure.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Lots could go wrong. It’s always a crap shoot to win the Stanley Cup. Things broke right for them last playoffs dodging Vegas in the 1st round, beating the Nucks after they were almost down and out. Don’t get me wrong everyone needs a break here and there but they are far from a sure thing to get back.

I’d love it if the Jets could get their shit together in the playoffs and be the team to beat them!!!
But the Oilers SHOULD be in the mix, we shall see.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB

Absolutely correct. Every year, the best team in the league is a significant underdog to win the cup. Plurality != majority, bla bla bla. So for me, I draw one distinction: "If X won the championship, would I be shocked"? As much as I loathe the Oilers, clearly the answer is "no".

Having said that, I cannot overestimate how many "out-of-town breaks" they got in that tournament last year. That's gonna be the tough part to repeat.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad