Around the NHL: 2024-25 Season, Are You Not Entertained?

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
I have a feeling you may see one of those from Levi the way he's so good at handling the puck at his age for a goalie.

It's such an underrated skill for a goalie to be able to handle a puck especially good. It can effectively neuter the dump and chase because the other team has to worry about him flipping it back up the ice and going the other way.

Reactions: oldgoalie

Ace

Oct 29, 2015

This will not surprise anyone who watched him in the prospect challenge or preseason against starters or preseason against the Amerks and prospects

Good they didn’t waste more time but have no clue what they pretended to see that got him in the lineup the first few games

Reactions: Chainshot

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn

This will not surprise anyone who watched him in the prospect challenge or preseason against starters or preseason against the Amerks and prospects

Good they didn’t waste more time but have no clue what they pretended to see that got him in the lineup the first few games

Same reason Levi got games to start the season last year when he wasn’t ready.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
@littletonhockeycoach

What’s the deal with the Avs? Is it just horrible goaltending? Or are there other issues as well?

I haven’t watch any of their games but seeing the scores, man are they getting lit up.

On the ice...
1. definitely goaltending. neither goaltenders are even journeyman level. Georgiev has been in decline for 2 seasons now. Mgmt has done nothing to address the deficiency hence the coach has no choice but to keep playing him.
2. Play of the defense is very sub par. Makar is not on his game. He rarely plays any sort of a physical game of late. Toews is hurt. Manson has a strong aptitude for playing stupid hockey and Girard while mobile, does not play a defensive game. He's just too small physically. The 5-6 pair (includes Sam Malinski who I Iike personally) is not NHL ready. Can't have that when the goaltending is also sub par.

It's pretty much a 5 man elite squad plus Mittlestadt. Everyone else is a roster fill So Mitts skills are being wasted cause there's no shooter on his wing.

Off ice......
1. Landeskog hasn't played since 2022 and likely never will (my opinion).
2. Nichkusion is missing... again.... He's a force on the ice and a complete distraction/disaster off the ice.
3. Injuries. Lehkonen isn't available due to shoulder surgery. He's an awesome play and key to Bednar's style of play. (As is Nuke.) Drouin is hurt as well. Day to day. Ha! Bednar is a habitual liar as to his players

Last edited:
Reactions: joshjull

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
On the ice...
1. definitely goaltending. neither goaltenders are even journeyman level. Georgiev has been in decline for 2 seasons now. Mgmt has done nothing to address the deficiency hence the coach has no choice but to keep playing him.
2. Play of the defense is very sub par. Makar is not on his game. He rarely plays any sort of a physical game of late. Toews is hurt. Manson has a strong aptitude for playing stupid hockey and Girard while mobile, does not play a defensive game. He's just too small physically. The 5-6 pair (includes Sam Malinski who I Iike personally) is not NHL ready. Can't have that when the goaltending is also sub par.

It's pretty much a 5 man elite squad plus Mittlestadt. Everyone else is a roster fill So Mitts skills are being wasted cause there's no shooter on his wing.

Off ice......
1. Landeskog hasn't played since 2022 and likely never will (my opinion).
2. Nichkusion is missing... again.... He's a force on the ice and a complete distraction/disaster off the ice.
3. Injuries. Lehkonen isn't available due to shoulder surgery. He's an awesome play and key to Bednar's style of play. (As is Nuke.) Drouin is hurt as well. Day to day. Ha! Bednar is a habitual liar as to his players
Wow, thats a lot.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
So kinda technically around the NHL. Does anyone listen to the games on Audacy through their phone? Do they black out the broadcasts out of market?

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
If I am listening to games on my phone, I use the NHL app. Radio broadcasts are not covered by blackout rules.

Strangest thing, when I use Audacy during a Sabres game it dumps to one of those awful Nationally syndicated sports babble shows.

On the computer it works, but not from the phone.

Reactions: Chainshot

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Strangest thing, when I use Audacy during a Sabres game it dumps to one of those awful Nationally syndicated sports babble shows.

On the computer it works, but not from the phone.

Same for me, so I use the audio link on the game center page off of NHL.com to find the radio feed now instead.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad