Around the NHL 2024-25 regular season

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County

Always fun to hear how players pronounce their own names and whether I've been saying it wrong for years. Going back, I remember Stephane Fiset telling the announcers that the had been saying his last name incorrectly for close to a decade; Announcers had been saying Fee-set instead of Fee-say.
I had to listen to the the game on Saturday and Matt Laughlin was calling Levi "levee" until like midway through the third.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Blues just came back from 4-1 deficit to defeat the Sharks (Devils West?), 5-4 in OT.

Didn't realize Claude Julien was still coaching and is on the Blues' bench as an assistant.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Blues just came back from 4-1 deficit to defeat the Sharks (Devils West?), 5-4 in OT.

Didn't realize Claude Julien was still coaching and is on the Blues' bench as an assistant.
He was only just hired this offseason. This is his first year of coaching in the league since he was fired as head coach of the Canadiens three seasons ago.

I figured at his age he was probably done after not taking any jobs the last 3.5 years. I'm going to imagine that maybe his contract as head coach of the Canadiens finally expired after last season, then he came back looking for work.

BostonDevil

Jun 28, 2019

This is one for @Bleedred :

Saw on Twitter/X that Mackenzie Blackwood is the first goaltender in NHL history to blow a 4-1 lead and lose after regulation in a first-overall draft pick’s debut game for two different franchises.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
This is one for @Bleedred :

Saw on Twitter/X that Mackenzie Blackwood is the first goaltender in NHL history to blow a 4-1 lead and lose after regulation in a first-overall draft pick’s debut game for two different franchises.
That stuff play goal (I think it was in the 3rd?) was pathetic. And the OT winner was a stoppable goal.

#AskingforAskarov

It’s hilarious that the two former deadweight Devils goalies are there right now, with Askarov down the hall in the AHL.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
That stuff play goal (I think it was in the 3rd?) was pathetic. And the OT winner was a stoppable goal.

#AskingforAskarov

It’s hilarious that the two former deadweight Devils goalies are there right now, with Askarov down the hall in the AHL.
After that last game by Markstrom it’s time they reacquured Blackwood. #bringhimhome

• Haha
Reactions: Bleedred

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad