Around the NHL 2023 - Playoffs 2024

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
For all the handwringing over Duchene, his numbers are absolute crap since February and especially crappy in the playoffs. That one GWG was pretty much all he's done in the postseason. A Stars fan on another board had the breakdown. He was a PPG guy until mid February then 0.38PPG the last 26 games and 0. 35 PPG in the playoffs

Last edited:

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Dallas exits at exactly the same spot as last year.

1717382791514.png

ShagDaddy

Nov 24, 2021
The Boro
The Duchene curse bites Dallas
The Perry curse will bite Edmonton
Congratulations to the Florida Panthers on winning the Stanley Cup

Reactions: hido

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
I guess as much as we point to Edmonton as an example of how bad tanking can suck for a long time….

‘05-‘06: SCF
10-13 years of sucking
Good the last 4-5 years and now back in the SCF

That decade following ‘05 probably sucked as a fan but they’ve been set up pretty well the last few seasons with payoff coming this year. They appear to be setup reasonably well for at least a few more years as well.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
I guess as much as we point to Edmonton as an example of how bad tanking can suck for a long time….

‘05: SCF
10-13 years of sucking
Good the last 4-5 years and now back in the SCF

That decade following ‘05 probably sucked as a fan but they’ve been set up pretty well the last few seasons with payoff coming this year. They appear to be setup reasonably well for at least a few more years as well.
Most teams that take that approach don’t end up with one of the historically best forwards

Reactions: hido and Viqsi

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Skinner is heating up at the right time after being just bad in the 1st 2 rounds.

Sv%s for the Dallas games

If he manages to stay hot like this, they'll be a hard team to stop

Reactions: Kerberos

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Most teams that take that approach don’t end up with one of the historically best forwards

It obviously wasn’t an intentional approach for that long. I’m sure they were terrible at roster construction and had some terrible luck in there as well.

Meanwhile Florida also has a not so great playoff situation in their history but are now heading to the SCF for the 3rd time.

It’s just a reminder of how frustrating it has been as a preds fan. Great to make the playoffs and all but only one conference final and one scf in 25 years is pretty terrible. I guess it could always be worse. t least we’re not Buffalo.

Last edited:

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
It obviously wasn’t an intentional approach for that long. I’m sure they were terrible at roster construction and had some terrible luck in there as well.

Meanwhile Florida also has a not so great playoff situation in their history but are now heading to the SCF for the 3rd time.

It’s just a reminder of how frustrating it has been as a preds fan. Great to make the playoffs and all but only one conference final and one scf in 25 years is pretty terrible. I guess it could always be worse. t least we’re not Buffalo.
How about Minnesota, Atlanta or Columbus? Those are the teams we came in with that dealt with the same hurdles we did, how have they faired?

We've not been bad, comparable but obviously we need more or we wouldn't have had a full change.

Reactions: Viqsi

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
How about Minnesota, Atlanta or Columbus? Those are the teams we came in with that dealt with the same hurdles we did, how have they faired?

We've not been bad, comparable but obviously we need more or we wouldn't have had a full change.

I don’t disagree with you, it could be worse and we’ve not been bad. We’ve been basically just ok with one magical run as an 8 seed and one great regular season to follow that up. Outside of that we’ve had a lot
of just ok. Maybe that needs to become our thing somehow? Average Joe’s? I think that dodgeball team also wore gold.

Reactions: triggrman

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
As far as postseason success goes, the franchise has a very well defined bell shaped curve. A bunch of did not qualify at the start, some 1st round exits, a 2nd round exit, stanley cup final loss, and round exit, a bunch of 1st round exits.

RyJo may not be much now but he was a big part of that success. Decent regular seasons followed by PPG performances in the post season. We don't have that at center right now. It is something we really lack and in my opinion need in order to make it anywhere.

Ror had 2 points
Novak 1
Sissons 1

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I mean lets not suddenly start praising Edmonton too much. They essentially have had this generations version of Crosby and Malkin and until now have done absolutely nothing with it.

Frankly Ekholm has about as much to do with them doing something as anyone. Shutdown Dman and I have no doubt he is the reason Bouchard has had the year he has.

That said they better win it. I feel like the kind of got lucky with a far weaker trip through the West. You aren't guaranteed to get that every year.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
I'm excited for this series. It's got a lot of interesting parts to it, and I really have no issues with Edmonton aside from some of their fans being annoying on the main boards...but that's just life at HFboards. I would like to see Eky get him one, but I still feel myself pulling for Florida.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I'm definitely pulling for Florida, couldn't care less if Ekholm wins one or not. They have Corey Perry, that pretty much negates any good will that team has for me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad