Around the NHL 2023-24 regular season

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
You can say “that contract will suck at the end” about any 29 year old UFA getting a massive contract.

That’s a superstar UFAs for ya.

The rumored offer was 11x8, so the 8th year should help keep the AAV down a little.

Soros got $61.92m (7.74x8) vs Hellebuyck’s $59.50m (8.5x7)

Yeah, over 10% of your cap for a goalie is tough, and you do have to pay the back-up too.

You have to think about salary cap allocation as (very roughly):
60% Forwards 30% Defense 10% Goalies

I say roughly because ideally you want spend more on your forwards. And you have to consider the realities of dead cap space too.

But if you have a superstar goalie, then you have to suck it up and pay the guy.

The Cap is projected to be ~96.5m in 2026-27.
11% 10.62m
12% 11.58m
13% 12.55m

I get why they don’t want to go over 11m for an 8 year deal.
I post something that touches on statistical analysis, the cap, relative merits of the goaltending position, quantum mechanics, and ethnic cooking and the best you can do is a few short paragraphs? I expected more from you. Literally, like maybe two or three pages of why the Shesterki contract will break all the known laws of science and fashion.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Grubauer in game 1, Korpisalo in game 2.

That's a hell of a one-two punch with worst goalies in the league doubleheader.

I don't see the Sharks on in the last game though. That would complete the worst goalies in the league trifecta and tripleheader.

Did Chicago sign Martin Jones? Maybe that's what happened there. I didn't hear anything about it though.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Anyone wanna start a new OOT scoreboard thread? I don't feel like doing it.

I was gonna bump the last one, but it was locked with the old season!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad