Around the NHL 2023-24 - offseason part II

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
Its obvious Fitz underestimated the forward market. Thats why we're back with Tatar.

Its not often the two top UFA forwards link up and decide to sign with the same team. Given everything we heard the Devils were likely to land one of those guys.

I dont think anyone left after them really inspired the Devils and Fitz to much. It was one of those 2 guys or bust.

Goptor

Jun 30, 2016
Its not often the two top UFA forwards link up and decide to sign with the same team. Given everything we heard the Devils were likely to land one of those guys.

I dont think anyone left after them really inspired the Devils and Fitz to much. It was one of those 2 guys or bust.

Those 2 got crazy deals. Both going to age 38 season.
DeBrusk got nearly $40mil
Lindholm at $7.75 AAV.
Monahan managed to get 5 years with his injury prone body.
Wennberg $5m???

It was a very good year to be a middle 6 forward. Very reminiscent of 2016 free agent group

Moist ReadOnly

Jun 7, 2024

Im glad we didnt get either at their deals; I was only willing to go big money on a 2-3 year deal

Camille the Eel

Holl has a deal. The fact he has is it make this deal worser.

Its really interesting how they could be in the play off race so long. East was really weak in the mid. I hope Devils will be healthy enough to make a step forward. Because Carolina is making step back, wsh looks better on paper but they should have more problems next year with aging and maturing, pens should age more.
Philly will improve with Mitchkov if they get adequate goaltending. Detroit will continue to be a tough game for whoever plays them - I mean not a gimme there. Ottawa and Buffalo have talent. Tampa may regress to some degree but still has large parts of their core and the goalie . . .

We will be playing in a very competitive conference. Getting off to a relatively hot start would be a great luxury. It’s always surprising how teams that bank points in the first six weeks, two months tend to hang in the race right to the end.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
I expected McLeod (a cost controlled, very good, excellent skater, 2 way CENTER, at 25 years old) to return much more than most. I would have been happy to pay a 1st+ for him.

But Savoie is a prospect the level that rarely gets moved.

Also goes to show the level of value we lost when Michael went away.

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
Ryan Mcleod wouldn't have been a terrible add here but would have been weird as hell. Like that last scene in the one Fast and Furious movie. But all season.

tumblr_nmxaft0SzP1uniezno6_640.gif

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Philly will improve with Mitchkov if they get adequate goaltending. Detroit will continue to be a tough game for whoever plays them - I mean not a gimme there. Ottawa and Buffalo have talent. Tampa may regress to some degree but still has large parts of their core and the goalie . . .

We will be playing in a very competitive conference. Getting off to a relatively hot start would be a great luxury. It’s always surprising how teams that bank points in the first six weeks, two months tend to hang in the race right to the end.
If you would return to my massage, you can find that I told about metro.

I don’t think that flyers will repeat their previous season. Michkov is a rookie. He will produce but he will make a lot of mistakes.
Detroit will be worser only if Edvinsson will be really ready for tough job. Still it’s not enough. Bad defense. They were lucky to have results they have previous season.
Ottawa and Buffalo are interesting but Sevs didn’t improve.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Buffalo kind of has to overpay, and I don't think they mind it that much. They have a logjam of good but redundant forwards that haven't resulted in wins. At some point you need to prioritize wins over trade value.

This is essentially the Zacha for Haula trade, obviously Savoie is a better prospect and McLeod is much young with a better deal.

Camille the Eel

If you would return to my massage, you can find that I told about metro.

I don’t think that flyers will repeat their previous season. Michkov is a rookie. He will produce but he will make a lot of mistakes.
Detroit will be worser only if Edvinsson will be really ready for tough job. Still it’s not enough. Bad defense. They were lucky to have results they have previous season.
Ottawa and Buffalo are interesting but Sevs didn’t improve.
Where you said “East was really weak in mid” I took it you were discussing the competition for the wild card too. But I was not disagreeing with you anyway. Either place. I think we will be facing hard competition. We are quite improved on paper. But I take nothing for granted.

Reactions: Guadana

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad