Around the NHL 2023-24 - offseason part II

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
Calgary is in such a shitty position right now. Not nearly good enough to try to be competitive, multiple terrible contracts, and everybody else is a UFA in a year.

Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Calgary is in such a shitty position right now. Not nearly good enough to try to be competitive, multiple terrible contracts, and everybody else is a UFA in a year.
If NJ doesn't stop adding retirement UFA contracts I'm concerned they will end up being tied to declining players as well.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Ya, 5 more years is rough.

He’d get a lot with only 2 years left on his deal but instead will be tough to move with 5. The funny things a cap does.

It should be much easier with the promise of a rising cap. Teams in this league have not been in this position in 15 years.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ

$3M per over 8 years...Tampa trying to offer term at the expense of AAV. LeBrun explains:

1719605110652.png

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
I have my doubts they offered a guy who will be turning 35 this season an 8 year deal. Then again their window is closing and I doubt they care they'll have to pay him in a few years
Well ya they offered that to avoid having a much higher cap hit on a shorter deal.

I feel like a more middle of the way offer might have made more sense and been more attractive to Stamkos. Even like 6 times 4M

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad