Around the NHL 2023-2024

oPlaiD

Dec 3, 2007
Man this is tough. How do I choose between Boston failing again and the off-chance we get Montgomery, and your typical delicious Maple Leafs choke?

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
You just know that when Maroon was smack talking Matthews there he was telling Auston he had no heart at all.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Nah, Boston choking would be way better and again, it’s crazy that Blues fans find this to be a hard decision.

Plus Toronto is now without Woll and Matthews clearly isn’t close to 100%, so they’re not really choking at this point, at least not as much as Boston would be.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
The schadenfreude around here is off the charts. Its weird. You are all sitting around debating who you would rather lose. Not who you want to win, that isn't even a consideration,not remotely. Would it be more delicious for you to see this group of people you don't know fail or that group see their dreams crushed Its really quite f***ed up when you think about it. If some how every team could lose, that would be awesome, right?

Last edited:

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
The schadenfreude around here is off the charts. Its weird. You are all sitting around debating who you would rather lose. Not who you want to win, that isn't even a consideration,not remotely. Would it be more delicious for you to see this group of people you don't know fail or that group of to see their dreams crushed Its really quite f***ed up when you think about it. If some how every team could lose, that would be awesome, right?

No because if everyone lost then no one would have their souls crushed when they lose.

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
Nah, Boston choking would be way better and again, it’s crazy that Blues fans find this to be a hard decision.

Plus Toronto is now without Woll and Matthews clearly isn’t close to 100%, so they’re not really choking at this point, at least not as much as Boston would be.
I don’t really understand why I should root against Boston. We beat them. Who cares what they do after that? Maybe their fans should hold a grudge against us and want the Blues to lose, but not the other way around.

oPlaiD

Dec 3, 2007
The schadenfreude around here is off the charts. Its weird. You are all sitting around debating who you would rather lose. Not who you want to win, that isn't even a consideration,not remotely. Would it be more delicious for you to see this group of people you don't know fail or that group of to see their dreams crushed Its really quite f***ed up when you think about it. If some how every team could lose, that would be awesome, right?
Nothing wrong with a nice little bit of schadenfreude.

Certainly better than failing to enjoy anything at all...

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
True. Blues would have won in 2022 if Chief had the guts to play Chuckie over Husso who was terrible outside of G1 @ Minny.

The Leafs will lose, this was how it was going to be all along. These series ALWAYS go 7 with the Leafs losing in a hilarious manner. They are the Bruins bitch just like how the Blues were the Redwings bitch in the 90s. Important to get the first goal tonight and start the "here we go again" tapes for the Maple Chokes.

Even if they win, lol congrats you get a rested Florida team that is playing great again!
*chefs kiss*

Right again!

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Yeah we won’t get Montgomery anymore but hey good thing Toronto lost, because reasons.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Man what a hilariously terrible way to lose a game. Pasta absolutely cooked Marner and I have no idea what Reilly and Samsonov were doing.

I will not be shocked if Marner and Keefe are run out of town.

Reactions: Ted Hoffman

oPlaiD

Dec 3, 2007
Matthews is now 0-5 in 5 game 7s with 0g, 3a, 3p, and a -2. To be fair, though, browsing through a ton of superstar players' game 7 stats, most of them are struggling quite a bit in that situation. Except maybe Wayne Gretzky. And one other exception...

Alex Pietrangelo is 5-0 in game 7s with 1g 3a 4p and a +9 overall, with a plus in all five games. Wonder if that trend continues tomorrow...

• Love
Reactions: Ranksu

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
Matthews is now 0-5 in 5 game 7s with 0g, 3a, 3p, and a -2. To be fair, though, browsing through a ton of superstar players' game 7 stats, most of them are struggling quite a bit in that situation. Except maybe Wayne Gretzky. And one other exception...

Alex Pietrangelo is 5-0 in game 7s with 1g 3a 4p and a +9 overall, with a plus in all five games. Wonder if that trend continues tomorrow...
Captain creampuff is playing hurt, would not count on him to do much

Dec 15, 2002
Man what a hilariously terrible way to lose a game. Pasta absolutely cooked Marner and I have no idea what Reilly and Samsonov were doing.

I will not be shocked if Marner and Keefe are run out of town.
MLSE should tear most of it down. And yes, that sounds harsh, but there's no "window dressing" solution to that team especially knowing Marner was a playoff no-show yet again so it's hard to see who's trading much for him.

Above all, everyone in the front office should get the boot, from Shanahan on down, and there is no conceivable way you can bring back Keefe or anyone else on the coaching staff. None.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Nothing wrong with a nice little bit of schadenfreude.

Certainly better than failing to enjoy anything at all...

Isn't it more enjoyable for a team you like to win than a team you dislike to lose? I got a couple other teams I'm rooting for since the Blues are out, and I'm quite enjoying when they win.

You do you though.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
MLSE should tear most of it down. And yes, that sounds harsh, but there's no "window dressing" solution to that team especially knowing Marner was a playoff no-show yet again so it's hard to see who's trading much for him.

Above all, everyone in the front office should get the boot, from Shanahan on down, and there is no conceivable way you can bring back Keefe or anyone else on the coaching staff. None.
This to me falls entirely on management. They’ve built a team with a terrible defense and no goalies. You just can’t win that way.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis

Justin Williams is literally called Mr Game Seven. His game 7 stats are unparalleled.

Williams played nine game seven playoff games in his NHL career, with his team sporting a 8–1 record in these games. He currently is tied for most goals in these games with Glenn Anderson at seven, and has the outright record for most game seven points, with 15
Isn't it more enjoyable for a team you like to win than a team you dislike to lose? I got a couple other teams I'm rooting for since the Blues are out, and I'm quite enjoying when they win.

You do you though.
It's nice to keep a tradition alive, It's funny as f*** watching Toronto lose to Boston.

Reactions: TheDizee

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014

GMyQNxIXYAE04MT

• Love
Reactions: Ranksu

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
*chefs kiss*

Right again!

Right again? So this is the second time?

Marner and Tavares were the ones who let the Leafs down in this one. 5 points combined in 7 games ain't worth $22 million.

Last edited:

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
I liked the call to go with Samsonov in game 7. That was not an easy decision.

Watching the at game, even though they lost I was jealous of the team speed Toronto has compared with the Blues.

Reactions: Reality Czech

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad