NHL Around the NHL 2018-19 IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Budddy

Dec 9, 2008
Okanagan
I dont think it was him. The mics rarely pick up things said that far from the glass. It was probably someone in the stands and a terrible coincidence. But it's a brutal world we live in and even if I'm right there will now forever be a cloud over the guy because we all rush to judgement on every little thing.
it is tough to say...seems like he turned his head toward ref when it was said?...will have to see...

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
it is tough to say...seems like he turned his head toward ref when it was said?...will have to see...

If you listen to that sportsnet clip. Listen carefully after Tampa scores. You can hear a fan in the stands say something again. There was a hot mic there and a loud fan. Im not 100% sure, i just hate the rush to judgement because he happened to say something to the ref at the same time.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
I dont think it was him. The mics rarely pick up things said that far from the glass. It was probably someone in the stands and a terrible coincidence. But it's a brutal world we live in and even if I'm right there will now forever be a cloud over the guy because we all rush to judgement on every little thing.
Good perspective. I'll admit I didn't really give much thought to it being a fan, mostly because the post I saw attributed it to him. Good idea to wait til all the facts are determined.

Reactions: Budddy

Budddy

Dec 9, 2008
Okanagan
D1bfaSWVAAAN5BH.jpg

Reactions: Mr. Make-Believe

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Here is the longer version, with the hook/non call - really not a hook and they are already on the PP.
Wonder how the media will dance around that in Toronto. Can you even imagine if Marshy said that. Notice the whining about a non call twice in this extended video, nothing about the slur. This play was a short handed 3 on 1 goal with a horrible line change.

Listen carefully to the whole clip. There is a mic picking up fan chatter throughout. I despise the Leafs but I'd urge people not to pile on.

Last edited by a moderator:

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
If you listen to that sportsnet clip. Listen carefully after Tampa scores. You can hear a fan in the stands say something again. There was a hot mic there and a loud fan. Im not 100% sure, i just hate the rush to judgement because he happened to say something to the ref at the same time.
The very next shift after that goal you could hear someone on Leafs bench yelling at Tyler Ennis with F bomb. They get frustrated easy.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
It was Reilly in my opinion from all the angles I have saw but League will get final say..Leafs have already been contacted by League too.Dubas said Leafs are fully co operating and do not condone this stuff in any way basically is what was released

Last edited:
Reactions: FanSince72

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Meh, it's just chatter, it shouldn't be a big deal. The league just doesn't want to piss off its sponsors so they'll make a bigger deal out of that word than they do for actual cheapshots and intents to injure on the ice.

Fopppa

Jan 3, 2009
Meh, it's just chatter, it shouldn't be a big deal. The league just doesn't want to piss off its sponsors so they'll make a bigger deal out of that word than they do for actual cheapshots and intents to injure on the ice.
Really hard to tell who or where the sound comes from, but I see where the NHL is coming from. It was so clearly audible in the clip that they can't just brush it off, they're doing the right thing here with an "investigation". Bet there's tons of similar chat on and around the ice during the average game but this particular one was picked up on the broadcast very clearly so they have to at least make an effort here or it would look pretty bad.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Really hard to tell who or where the sound comes from, but I see where the NHL is coming from. It was so clearly audible in the clip that they can't just brush it off, they're doing the right thing here with an "investigation". Bet there's tons of similar chat on and around the ice during the average game but this particular one was picked up on the broadcast very clearly so they have to at least make an effort here or it would look pretty bad.

Food for thought. League contacted Leafs not Tampa.Have to think if unsure would have contacted both teams.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Funny how some Leafs fans are defending the language but if this was about the Bruins and Marchand, they would be invading our board. I think Shaw did something similar and after a "thorough investigation" was given the benefit of the doubt. This is where the NHL will go, I highly doubt they suspend Rielly but it would be very entertaining if they did.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
Eh, I don't see the Habs making up 10 points in the number of games left. I don't think anything is going to change in the playoff match ups at all.

I was thinking of getting the home ice on Toronto if it went seven games rather play GM 7 in Boston instead of Toronto. Not concerned about Montreal . I agree with you on that one.

Reactions: HockeyMomx2

tremha

Mar 9, 2011
Man , Torts has to be losing his mind over CBJs play since the trading deadline . They should not have been buyers in my opinion

they have a pretty deep lineup now - its surprising they aren't doing better - maybe take time to gel - they are going to be tough to beat with our depleted lineup

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
they have a pretty deep lineup now - its surprising they aren't doing better - maybe take time to gel - they are going to be tough to beat with our depleted lineup

Duchene took a while to find his place in Ottawa. Same with Karlsson in SJ.

Furio

you got a bee on your hat
Nov 20, 2018
Naples
I’m curious as to why the main board thread got deleted. Is this standard procedure for when there’s a report of a slur allegedly being used?

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
im surprised there isnt a thread about it on main page...just the line change one

there were numerous threads on the subject......all deleted.......you cant see them.........

full of Neanderthal homophobic bull shit...................few less posters today too.

It will not be tolerated at this site.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Duchene is a team killer.

He's on Colorado and they suck, he leaves they instantly are good
He comes to an Ottawa team off a ECF run, and suddenly they suck

Put Duchene on the same team with Loser Lee Stempniak and their team would likely never win a single game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Austria vs Finland
    Austria vs Finland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,377.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Kazakhstan
    Sweden vs Kazakhstan