Around The NHL #13

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
You fellas really think that's suspendable?? Not a chance imo and similar to Bennet hit on Bouchard earlier. Just like 2 knee hits last might were very similar, yet one was 2 and one was 5. Reffing hasn't been great.

Edit: remind me again how many games Bennet got for his hit on Marchand in round 1??
The refs got it wrong. Doesn't make it right.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Remember CapGeek? Don't you think another site like that will emerge?

I think the NHL is glad that CapFriendly is going away. From what I understand, they didn't like CapGeek and they liked CapFriendly even less because they saw those sites as distributing "proprietary" information to the public.

Because the NHL is run by choads.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
My post wasn't?? And speaking if that how was a penalty called after the fact on Draisaitl??
Why are you surprised at the reffing? NHL reffing is a hard job. We have the benefit of watching in slow motion having several angles. Hell, we change our minds after seeing the replays several times a game. The refs don't have that luxury in most cases. It evens out over a long series.

I think the NHL is glad that CapFriendly is going away. From what I understand, they didn't like CapGeek and they liked CapFriendly even less because they saw those sites as distributing "proprietary" information to the public.

Because the NHL is run by choads.
Just curious, but does the NFL and MLB have any such site?

Reactions: Mosby

IronFinn

Sponsor
Apr 21, 2022
Scottsdale
You fellas really think that's suspendable?? Not a chance imo and similar to Bennet hit on Bouchard earlier. Just like 2 knee hits last might were very similar, yet one was 2 and one was 5. Reffing hasn't been great.

Edit: remind me again how many games Bennet got for his hit on Marchand in round 1??
What???

Draisaitl left his feet, led with his forearm/elbow, and the primary point of contacts was Barkov's head/jaw. That absolutely looked like a clear intent to injure and should have been a multiple game suspension. I like Draisaitl, he is an excellent player, but that hit was dirty and sure looked like a clear intent to injure one of the opposing teams top players. I just don't get the NHL player safety rulings.

I also disagree on your take of the Marchand hit on Bennett. And that is what it was. Bennett had the puck, and Marchand lined him up for a hit. Marchand is 4 inches shorter, and was coming in lower, and you can clearly see in the replay that Marchand's helmet was lined up with Bennett's chin. Bennett put his hands up to protect himself and Marchand skated into them. Additionally, I believe the bigger part of the Marchand's injury occurred when his body and head came to a sudden and abrupt stop against the boards after he lost his balance trying to hit the bigger player. In my view, that was completely a self induced injury.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Ekman-Larsson is god awful.
I'm not sure what game you watched but I thought OEL was awesome tonight, he took some risks towards the end because they had to but he was pretty much the only Panther D generating offense. About half way through the game Maurice clearly took notice and started throwing him out there every chance he got, especially on the power play. In fact pretty sure he led all Florida D in PP time. Not surprisingly given the way he was playing, he also scored a goal to bring it within 1. It was really fun to watch, seemed like OEL was feeling his roots, was walking the blue line and firing shots like his early Coyote days.

It was a fun game to watch in general, crazy how Edmonton went from looking like they were going to route the Panthers again after that 1st period to hanging on for dear life and barely escaping!

And then he scores.
haha you could feel it coming, he was f***ing everywhere!

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
He turned it around for sure, but I watched him turn the puck over with soft passes 3 times in the first period. Frustrating to watch.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
I'm not sure what game you watched but I thought OEL was awesome tonight, he took some risks towards the end because they had to but he was pretty much the only Panther D generating offense. About half way through the game Maurice clearly took notice and started throwing him out there every chance he got, especially on the power play. In fact pretty sure he led all Florida D in PP time. Not surprisingly given the way he was playing, he also scored a goal to bring it within 1. It was really fun to watch, seemed like OEL was feeling his roots, was walking the blue line and firing shots like his early Coyote days.

It was a fun game to watch in general, crazy how Edmonton went from looking like they were going to route the Panthers again after that 1st period to hanging on for dear life and barely escaping!

haha you could feel it coming, he was f***ing everywhere!
Yeah, he looked more like the OEL we once knew more than I've seen him look in some time. Seemed to me he was getting more ice time from the get go, like Maurice either knew something, or wanted his veteran presence as a more prominent role.

Reactions: Jakey53 and Sinurgy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad