Around the NHL 11 - 2023/24

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
Maybe they should've hired the guy with the 4th most wins in NHL coaching history.
Until he wins I will have my doubts he can prepare his team to close it out.

Hope he does it, but again, wouldn’t be surprised to see him squander yet another chance in the Stanley Cup Final.

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
Until he wins I will have my doubts he can prepare his team to close it out.

Hope he does it, but again, wouldn’t be surprised to see him squander yet another chance in the Stanley Cup Final.

Maurice has done a lot with lesser teams. If he had 2023-24 floridas or 2017-2018 jets every year of his career maybe he’d not have so many L’s
Some of his teams have been absolutely crap

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Truly a shame the the SC wasn’t presented to the opposition right in their own home rink. That would be justice, IMO.

When they eventually lose that moment will be devastating. Last night they had a chance to have a party in their building and that may lessen the blow 5% but when Florida finally hoists the cup it will be horrific for them.

That is the stark reality of handing out the Stanley cup…….One team wins it all the rest of the League loses.

Last edited:

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Even a blind bookie would of bet the house on the Oilers tonight, sweeping a team is tough especially on the road, Florida looks more interested in trying to win the Cup at home.
I read an article the other day, that when a team is up 3-0 in the Stanley cup finals the 2 least likely outcomes is a team coming back to take the series by winning 4 straight, followed by the 3-0 sweeping the series. The outcomes in-between are all far more likely.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Everything went right for them but I can't imagine Florida was 100% there mentally. Being one win away from the Cup is going to be in your mind regardless of what your coach says, or what your sports psychologist says. The only cure for that is having already won one.
I wonder what the cumulative game 4 record is of teams who are up 3-0 in the finals over the years

I did a very quick search and found a lot of info on teams that are down 3-0, but nothing on teams that are up 3-0

Obviously, all but 1 have gone on to win (and all but 4 overall in the playoffs) but I wonder how many swept, how many lost then won in game 5, etc

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I wonder what the cumulative game 4 record is of teams who are up 3-0 in the finals over the years

I did a very quick search and found a lot of info on teams that are down 3-0, but nothing on teams that are up 3-0

Obviously, all but 1 have gone on to win (and all but 4 overall in the playoffs) but I wonder how many swept, how many lost then won in game 5, etc
The one thing I'll add to my above post, that is for the modern era. Back in NHL history, prior to the salary cap Dynasties were much more common and there were far more Stanley Cup finals sweeps as it was far more likely to have mismatched finals.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
It looked like the Oilers got a lot of lucky bounces in their first 3 goals, to give them a nice cushion. Also their Goalie, Skinner played great, so that was a nice win for them.

If they can somehow win the next game in Florida, it will be HUGE, and really anything can happen, if it goes back to Edmonton. If Florida wants to win they should close out this series in Game 5 for the Cup.

I think Florida will win this series, as I just can't see the Oilers winning the next 3 games straight, considering that 2 of /3 would be in Florida. I guess it's possible, but highly unlikely.

It be nice to see Maurice hoist the Cup over his head, as he's paid his dues, been in the league a long time, and has done a very good job with most of the teams he's coached. Paul Maurice will deserve it.:nod:

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
You might want to go back to school for a refresher course in reading. Do they have schools in Atlanta?
Well, there's Emory University which is widely regarded as a world class medical school (especially compared to the U of M lol).

So nothing quite as prestigious as *checks notes* U of W or RRCC

I hear good things about MITT though.. I'm sure it compares favorably to Georgia Tech

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Well, there's Emory University which is widely regarded as a world class medical school (especially compared to the U of M lol).

I hear good things about MITT though.. I'm sure it compares favorably to Georgia Tech
Hey, RRCC is now Red River College Polytech now. Moving up in the educational world.

Reactions: Buffdog

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia

Georgia Tech is definitely a top 5 tech school in the country.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad