Around the NHL 11 - 2023/24

ThinIce61

Jul 11, 2018
All I was seeing for a long time was Carolina to be the Eastern representatives in the Finals. Not looking so good now.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Yeah, but I like those teams so I don’t have to go through great lengths to try to discredit them.

But, I see your point. It’s a shame the Jets didn’t make it through as it’s looking more and more like they’re the only team capable of “legitimately” winning.

:nod:

We lucked into Laine which turned into a PLD which turned into Vilardi and Iafallo. So we are asterisk too.

Pretty lame list of names for the Utah NHL team, serioulsy powder. glaciers?

Would go Grizzlies or Blue Bonnets!

They can't go Grizzlies. Utah Grizzlies already exist and I'd imagine they won't be giving up their name.

Reactions: Jets 31 and Buffdog

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
We lucked into Laine which turned into a PLD which turned into Vilardi and Iafallo. So we are asterisk too.

They can't go Grizzlies. Utah Grizzlies already exist and I'd imagine they won't be giving up their name.
Sorry, bad luck doesn’t count as an asterisk.

Reactions: FonRiesen

Blue Shakehead

because lol Jets
Mar 18, 2011
www.becauseloljets.com
If we hadn't won, we could've drafted Matthew Tkachuk or Clayton Keller with the 6th pick.

And then we went and and traded up to get Logan Stanley, missing chances to draft two of: Tage Thompson, Alex Debrincat and Jordan Kyrou or literally 100 other players that were better than Logan Stanley - then and now.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
If we hadn't won, we could've drafted Matthew Tkachuk or Clayton Keller with the 6th pick.

And then we went and and traded up to get Logan Stanley, missing chances to draft two of: Tage Thompson, Alex Debrincat and Jordan Kyrou or literally 100 other players that were better than Logan Stanley - then and now.

Tkachuk was never getting past Calgary. So unless we took him with pick 2, Calgary was ahead of us in final standings.

We might have taken Keller. I wanted Sergachev with pick 6 at the time.

Blue Shakehead

because lol Jets
Mar 18, 2011
www.becauseloljets.com
Tkachuk was never getting past Calgary. So unless we took him with pick 2, Calgary was ahead of us in final standings.

We might have taken Keller. I wanted Sergachev with pick 6 at the time.
Ehhh, I don;t think they had the stomach to draft Tkachuk if they had moved up to #2. Nobody would've. Laine was an auto-pick.

The only thing we can know for certain from that draft is that Matthews wasn't getting past Toronto and Logan Stanley was never getting past Winnipeg. :laugh:

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Ehhh, I don;t think they had the stomach to draft Tkachuk if they had moved up to #2. Nobody would've. Laine was an auto-pick.

The only thing we can know for certain from that draft is that Matthews wasn't getting past Toronto and Logan Stanley was never getting past Winnipeg. :laugh:

I think you nailed it. We had eyes for the big man and nothing was going to deter them. This franchise has been trying to find a Chara since its inception.

Reactions: Jets 31 and ps241

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
Jets have one of the best and most thought out logos in the league... if you're pushing for a franchise and finally get one - HOW do you not have your branding ready

A huge agency like they've contracted can create a slick identity within four months easy. Just seems bush league.

Buy the ECHL Grizzlies brand - there. Done. Probably cheaper than the year of ad agency market research they're about to pay for.
I like the cumpus pointing North… nice touch. However, the jet looks like clip art and the obscured red maple leaf looks like a bad rendering of an explosion imo. I agree with all those who would like the two heritage jerseys full time, or even the early 90’s version.

I saw three or four fan made jerseys/names for Utah on YouTube, and the all look incredible. Any one of them would be a winner. In my opinion, there’s no reason not to have a name and jersey ready for September.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

In a surprise move Treliving trades Matthews to the Flames for Huberdeau and Weeger.

Seriously though if Johnston has read the tea leaves correctly what is the play?

Surely Treliving isn’t supid enough to trade Matthews is he? Nylander was the only core 4 player who seemed to move the needle this playoffs so I doubt they move him. Marner is the obvious odd man out and Captain Tavares would need to take a big discount to stay on after next season.

I get it “IF” Shanny is to survive he can’t run it back again next season and Treliving isn’t scared to bold which should scare any Leafs fan.

I don’t get why they don’t move on from Brendan?

Reactions: John Agar

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
In a surprise move Treliving trades Matthews to the Flames for Huberdeau and Weeger.

Seriously though if Johnston has read the tea leaves correctly what is the play?

Surely Treliving isn’t supid enough to trade Matthews is he? Nylander was the only core 4 player who seemed to move the needle this playoffs so I doubt they move him. Marner is the obvious odd man out and Captain Tavares would need to take a big discount to stay on after next season.

I get it “IF” Shanny is to survive he can’t run it back again next season and Treliving isn’t scared to bold which should scare any Leafs fan.

Yeh I’d say Marner is the odd man out closely followed by Taveras. Can’t imagine moving Matthews. And Nylander is signed through ‘31-32 season with a cap hit of $11.5.

Reactions: Jets 31 and ps241

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
I don't know what you would get in return for 1 year of Marner, is he a top flight player if he is not in Toronto? I have my doubts as for Tavares I doubt they can move him without heavy retention, his best days are slipping by. Mathews on the other hand would get you a Kings ransom from an American team but do the Leafs have the balls to do it. Nylander is going nowhere.

ThinIce61

Jul 11, 2018
I don't know what you would get in return for 1 year of Marner, is he a top flight player if he is not in Toronto? I have my doubts as for Tavares I doubt they can move him without heavy retention, his best days are slipping by. Mathews on the other hand would get you a Kings ransom from an American team but do the Leafs have the balls to do it. Nylander is going nowhere.
Mathews to L.A. for PLD straight up. 😆

• Haha
Reactions: bustamente

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Pretty lame list of names for the Utah NHL team, serioulsy powder. glaciers?

Would go Grizzlies or Blue Bonnets!

Not that I am a fan of Wikipedia... a direct quote...

"The name Utah derives from the name of the Ute tribe, meaning 'people of the mountains'.[20] However, no such word exists in the Utes' language, and the Utes refer to themselves as Noochee. The meaning of Utes as 'the mountain people' has been attributed to the neighboring Pueblo Indians,[21] as well as to the Apache word Yuttahih, which means 'one that is higher up' or 'those that are higher up'.[20] In Spanish, it was pronounced Yuta; subsequently, English-speaking people may have adapted the word as Utah.[22]"

Perhaps Mountaineers would be most appropriate... or Utah HC for "High Country"...

Though "High Country" is probably a better name for Canada now... with legalized Cilantro and all...

You have to be high to live in this shit show now... :laugh:

Last edited:

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba

Pelley gave Tre' and Shanny' the "I'm solidly behind them" speech to the Media...

One or both of them will be gone right after the draft is over...

No sarcasm intended... just a hunch...

Apparently PLD a Jet again!

:eek3::laugh:

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad