Around the NHL — Episode XLXVII

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Players that play more than one position is kind of helpful. I keep an eye on Perron waiting for him to do something that is noticeable, but just haven’t seen it. I made it pretty clear with words like “so far” that it's too early to pass judgement.
I find his board work and forecheck help prolong the pressure, he makes smart plays that aren't in themselves remarkable, but pay dividends for the line. If you're expecting dangles and needle threading passes, he's not your guy. But being in the right place to give options to his linemates, pressuring the D to make a bad pass, winning the battles along the boards, I think he does all that well, and imo that's a big part of why the underlying numbers show lots of promise

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
I find his board work and forecheck help prolong the pressure, he makes smart plays that aren't in themselves remarkable, but pay dividends for the line. If you're expecting dangles and needle threading passes, he's not your guy. But being in the right place to give options to his linemates, pressuring the D to make a bad pass, winning the battles along the boards, I think he does all that well, and imo that's a big part of why the underlying numbers show lots of promise
It was the composite of defense and offense that I was basing it on. He’s been OK defensively and with winning puck battles, but not great imho. Even if you say he’s been stellar or great defensively, I’d still like offensive production at $4 m/year. Like you said though, its way too early pass judgement and I’ll keep watching him like I have been so far.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
This describes him well imo. I noticed him keep the play alive numerous times off his solid board work and effort. Small plays, but I noticed.

Reactions: LiseL

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

This article was put out on the 18th ahead of the Tampa game

According to NaturalStatTrick's five-on-five data, Perron has the highest individual shot rate on the team at 13.85 shots per 60 minutes. To put that into perspective, even though it is early, Perron's averaging almost two and a half more shots per 60 than the shot-generating machine, Brady Tkachuk. (As an aside, from the past five seasons combined, only David Pastrnak, Nathan MacKinnon and Auston Matthews have produced higher shot rates than Brady.)

In reference to the Perron Pinto Amadio line before the juggle .
Although the Senators' nominal third line has not produced, their five-on-five play has been exemplary. The trio has generated 51.36 shots per goal per 60 (SF/60). That rate leads the Senators while also being the second-highest rate of any line in the NHL that has spent 20 or more minutes together. Their 84.20 shots per 60 (CF/60) is the league's eighth-highest mark, while their 4.38 expected goals per 60 (xGF/60) is the league's 11th-best rate.
The trio is not selling out for offence, either. This line has suppressed the opposition's shot and goal-based metrics. Its 1.71 expected goals allowed per 60 (xGA/60) is the league's 17th-best rate.

Everyone wants goals and assists but its about winning games and these guys have been doing their parts ,. The points should follow the underlying numbers

Tyler Ennis was probably one of the best bottom 6 player the Sens have had since the last time they were in the playoffs.
One of the best to ever do it.

I liked Ennis too.

Last edited:

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019

This article was put out on the 18th ahead of the Tampa game

In reference to the Perron Pinto Amadio line before the juggle .

Everyone wants goals and assists but its about winning games and these guys have been doing their parts ,. The points should follow the underlying numbers

One of the best to ever do it.

I liked Ennis too.
Perron is 32nd overall (1.9) in Expected Goals Against per 60 minutes. I set the Minimum Ice Time at 60 minutes. That’s pretty good. Just fiddling around with on the Money Puck site. I think you need to play around with amount of minute settings and filter on the actual stat to see the results though. So, it takes a bit of work to see what I’m talking about.

He’s 64th in Expected Goals per 60 minutes (1.29) also according to this site. Again, I set the Minimum Ice Time at 60 minutes. He doesn’t have any actual goals though (hmm). I think you need to play around with amount of minute settings and filter on the actual stat to see the results though.

Last edited:

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.STEVE★
Jul 26, 2005
It's hilarious to think that the current standings could realistically be the teams that make the playoffs at the end of the season. The only exception is maybe Washington for Carolina.
1729461574685.png

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Natural Stat Trick stats for David Perron
5v5, minimum 50 minutes

Rank
GA/60420
xGA/6058
xGF/60380

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad