Around the NHL — Episode XLXVII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
NJ is a president's Cup contender IMO.

Franchise centre in J Hughes, great forward depth, great D-core and now they got a solid goal in Markstrom

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
So your response to them being overated is telling me Vegas is over rating them?

The whole point is people have been fooled by one season where they overachieved, Vegas included.
No, my response it that they are an extremely good team, and are being extremely undervalued here, using the Vegas odds just reinforces that.

It’s not crazy to have a team that is a betting odds top 3-5 team in cup odds in the top 5.

More than fair to think it’s crazy, that’s your opinion, and one I’d lead more towards. But, that opinion is far out on what’s “expected”

Last edited:

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Vegas had the leafs as cup favourites prior to season starting last 2 years.
Sure?

They were definitely considered cup favorites, and would have been considered a top 5 team in the league. They finished 5th in points, they were 3rd in pre season odds. Pretty good valuation. The Devils last year, not so much.

I’m not telling you to plunk coins down on Toronto or Jersey, I wouldn’t be, I’m just staying that Jersey being considered a top 5 team isn’t an out of pocket ranking. It’s essentially per the course.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad