Around the NHL — Episode XLXVII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
Peterka is gonna be a 35+ goal, 65+ point player and I'm gonna be a moody bastard about it for the next decade or so.
Regardless of how well he has panned out, it was such a muppet move to not draft him. You knew Stützle was going to be a star; why not draft his friend and teammate? The Story writes itself. It was really dumb at the time and continues to get dumber by the season.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Regardless of how well he has panned out, it was such a muppet move to not draft him. You knew Stützle was going to be a star; why not draft his friend and teammate? The Story writes itself. It was really dumb at the time and continues to get dumber by the season.
I wanted to draft him where we drafted Greig even. It still would have been the right move, even though Greig looks like a good one. Didn't know anything about Jar-Jar, but not drafting Peterka there was really dumb.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Buffalo has a great group.

Hutson, Demidov, Reinbacher, Mailloux, Fowler, Roy, Beck and Hage are just "decent"? - Yes other than Demidov.

I must admit that the Dahlin, Power, Byram, Samuelsson quatuor makes me uneasy, they could literally have the best Top-4 in the league

And they have quite a few desirable forwards... Thompson, Cozens, Peterka, Benson, Tuch, Quinn and several good prospects too. McLeod is pretty smart add even if it cost Savoie. Great goaltending pipeline too

Demidov is seen as one of the best prospects in the world and I am quite annoyed no team took him before them. Thank Alfie they didn't pick Michkov last year

Not sure why you think the rest are just "decent". Hutson and Reinbacher are ranked around Yakemchuk. Mailloux and Hage not too far behind. Roy and Beck are Greig level prospects. Fowler is seen as one of the best goalie prospects. Are you saying all sources out there are extremely biased towards the Habs?

Reactions: Guy Tetreault

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I must admit that the Dahlin, Power, Byram, Samuelsson quatuor makes me uneasy, they could literally have the best Top-4 in the league

And they have quite a few desirable forwards... Thompson, Cozens, Peterka, Benson, Tuch, Quinn and several good prospects too. McLeod is pretty smart add even if it cost Savoie. Great goaltending pipeline too

Demidov is seen as one of the best prospects in the world and I am quite annoyed no team took him before them. Thank Alfie they didn't pick Michkov last year

Not sure why you think the rest are just "decent". Hutson and Reinbacher are ranked around Yakemchuk. Mailloux and Hage not too far behind. Roy and Beck are Greig level prospects. Fowler is seen as one of the best goalie prospects. Are you saying all sources out there are extremely biased towards the Habs?
You gotta stop drinking the Montreal coolaid. Greig and Yakemchuk are better players and prospects than those guys. I wouldn't answer the phone if that was the call. Roy and Beck are way more comparable to Ostapchuk. He played on the same.wjc team and was better than Beck.

Demidov fell for a reason too. Very risky. Lindstrom and Senneka both have immense potential too.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
You gotta stop drinking the Montreal coolaid. Greig and Yakemchuk are better players and prospects than those guys. I wouldn't answer the phone if that was the call. Roy and Beck are way more comparable to Ostapchuk. He played on the same.wjc team and was better than Beck.

Demidov fell for a reason too. Very risky. Lindstrom and Senneka both have immense potential too.

Where is that "coolaid" coming from? The Score? The Hockey writers? EP? McKeen's? Wheeler? Button? Dobber?

Greig and Yakemchuk are better players/prospects than which guys? There's like 8 names

Greig and Yakemchuk were not even in same tiers. Ostapchuk is also 1 year older than Beck.

Anyway, it's not like this was my opinion, it's what the hockey world thinks. You seem to have a special hatred for Montreal lol, based on that Barzal-Suzuki thread...

Last edited:

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Where is that "coolaid" coming from? The Score? The Hockey writers? EP? McKeen's? Wheeler? Button? Dobber?

Greig and Yakemchuk are better players/prospects than which guys? There's like 8 names

Greig and Yakemchuk were not even in same tiers. Ostapchuk is also 1 year older than Beck.

Anyway, it's not like this was my opinion, it's what the hockey world thinks. You seem to have a special hatred for Montreal lol, based on that Barzal-Suzuki thread...
You think every Montreal player is the second coming of Christ.

You named 2 Montreal d men and 2 Montreal forwards. It's right in the post I quoted.

Yakemchuk is a better prospect than Hutson and Reinbacher.

Greig is a way better prospect than Beck and Roy. Ostapchuk is a way better comparable.

Demidov is a skill winger ger that plays a super risky game. Unless he ends up like Kucherov or Kaprizov he could end up being like dadonov or gusev etc. Dime a dozen easiest asset to aquire. Q

The hockey world does not think that Beck and Roy are the equivalent of Greig. Montreal fans do. Hence you drinking the coolaid. Beck and Roy are dime a dozen prospects. Greig was a better prospect a better Jr and is a better pro with way more to his game. He has just as much skill is way more physical and agitates.

Montreal is the most overrated team in hockey currently. I just state facts. Barzal is better than Suzuki. Only a Montreal fan would think different.

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
Pasternak at 28 is a bigger surprise than McAvoy. Pasternak at 28, Bergeron in the 2nd, Marchand in the 3rd. Add an assist in there when Muckler screwed Hossa and Chara splits for Boston because of it. That's some good luck.

Also in our division you've got TB getting Kucherov at 58.

You have to be pretty damn lucky these days to get an elite player outside the top 15.
There is certainly an element of luck involved once you get past the 1st 15 picks. That said like the lottery that you can't win without a ticket, you are not going to get lucky on those picks if you have traded the pick away. Every Draft has star players and solid NHLers picked in those slots. Some teams like Tampa and more recently Dallas have been good at finding them.

2014 - Pasta 25th, Kempe to Kings 29th, Thatcher Demko 36th, Montour 55th, Point 79th to Tampa
2015 Barzel, Conner, Chabot, Boeser, Konecny all in 2nd half of 1st round, Sebastien Aho 25th, Roope Hintz -Dallas 49th,
2016 Chychrun 16th, Tage Thompson 26th, Kyrou 35th , Debrincat 39th, adam Fox 66
2017 Robert Thomas 20th, Jake ottenger to Dallas 26th, Jason Robertson to dallas 39th, Batherson 121st
2019 Thomas Harley Dallas 18th, Pinto 32nd
2021 Dallas again with Wyatt Johnston at 23 and Logan Stankoven at 47

Dallas has drafted really well in 2nd half of 1st round and second rounds lately. Also have Maverik Bourque in late 1st in 2020 who had 77 points in 71 Ahl games last yr

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Picking Jarventie over Peterka is one of Dorion's more low-key top tier stupid decisions.

Reactions: DrEasy and Xspyrit

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Next move: Sens will pick up Dell, to join the likes of Perron, Cousins, Travis Green, etc.
Watch Batherson score an amazing goal after receiving a random pass from Dell. Would be a very funny alternate reality lol.

In all seriousness, I'd love for Dell to sign with a team like Toronto. I want more bad blood between Ottawa and Toronto. The rivalry was stale until Greig became Rielly's father and now I want more.

Reactions: DrEasy

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Picking Jarventie over Peterka is one of Dorion's more low-key top tier stupid decisions.

To be fair I don't think he had much to do with that selection, if any.

Most GMs usually leave day 2 picks to the scouting staff and rarely overrule the scouts on day 1 picks.

And most GMs have a lot more time on their hands to do a bit of amateur scouting than Dorion did running a bare bones front-ofice.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Watch Batherson score an amazing goal after receiving a random pass from Dell. Would be a very funny alternate reality lol.

In all seriousness, I'd love for Dell to sign with a team like Toronto. I want more bad blood between Ottawa and Toronto. The rivalry was stale until Greig became Rielly's father and now I want more.

A few thrashings like the underpowered Sens gave the core line-up of the Maple Shits last night and we have got a rivalry renewed. It begins this season, I finally have that feeling in my belly.

Reactions: bicboi64

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad