Around the NHL — Episode XLXVI

Beech

What A Wonderful Day
Nov 25, 2020
Still doesn't explain is poor body language and petulant attitude.

He's a nifty player and fun to watch while he's going, but he isn't a guy you want to count on in the playoffs.
it is hard to know what may be happening behind the scenes.

Team mates being hard on him. Coaches, Management, the Owner himself.

Can you begin to imagine if Aquilini hit him with "do you realize how much I will be paying you?" . Or Patrick Alvim hitting him with "my f***ing ass is on the line, I signed you ...."

He will be paid some (EDITED... 72-73 M) in the first 5 years. About 12.5 M of real dollars. Aquilini dollars.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
I really really really hate the broadcast camera position at this Dallas arena.

I see more of the back of peoples head than the actual ice.

The NHL should mandate that all teams film games from a full ice view with a single 4K camera at a fixed frame that captures the entire ice. AKA a scouts view.

I get that it's not the same as scouting in person, but it would be good for people who want the view of the entire ice.

At the very least, I would like to be able to watch some games with a fixed frame camera that has limited cuts. I don't know if they have this option in game center. When I'm watching a Senators playoff game in 2030 when they make it back in, I appreciate the cinematic aspect because it's more about the atmosphere, but if I am randomly watching a Tyler Myers game from 2021 because someone on HFBoards thinks Travis Green will convince us to sign him, I want more of a consistent view where I can zero in on one player.

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
Maybe Chicago was using 20 in a trade to acquire a star player, but the team insisted on a top 18 pick?

Or, maybe NYI is going to trade their 1st for help and knows in the context of acquiring a roster player, 18 has the same value as 20, so they might as well get the extra 2nd round pick before shopping 20th OA.

I had to check the main trade board because that seemed like one of those fake Twitter trades.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Maybe Chicago was using 20 in a trade to acquire a star player, but the team insisted on a top 18 pick?

Or, maybe NYI is going to trade their 1st for help and knows in the context of acquiring a roster player, 18 has the same value as 20, so they might as well get the extra 2nd round pick before shopping 20th OA.

I had to check the main trade board because that seemed like one of those fake Twitter trades.
So is it Brannstrom or Norris?

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
tsn1200 is discussing it.

Waddel may be on his way to being GM in Columbus
The word on the Oilers forum is it'll be Holland as the GM and apparently interviewed for it with Columbus recently. Sounds like a 1/2 punch, but also that Holland was expected to be let go after the season by Edmonton anyways.

Sounds like the assumed expectation was for Staios to take over for Holland as GM when he ultimately left, but the handoff process took too long. Just fan chatter, but thought it was interesting.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
that was my initial thought... his skating has never been great.. I didn't see a difference

If he was being a warrior and playing through a serious injury his coach wouldn't have publically criticized him for his poor play.

Now that the playoffs are over his team has an incentive to play up the injury and try to excuse his terrible play in the playoffs, as you don't want him getting a reputation as a regular-season scorer that can't handle the intensity and physical play of the playoffs.

Look at a guy like Marner and see what that reputation has done to his perceived value around the league. It makes a difference.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I wonder if the Canucks trade Petersen, that hockey market gets to people (Bure, Linden, Naslund, Messier) and he looks like a vacation ain’t going to do it.

If the Nucks sign Lindholm they could get a boat load for Petersen and remake their team with picks, roster players and prospects and I don’t think slip that much they play such a solid team game. So many teams looking to get young would be all over Petersen (Tampa if they had picks slot him into Stamkos spot / Nashville and Dallas always seem to be involved, Petersen for Marner, Montreal wants to make a splash and needs a C, Yzerman would be all over that.

Could be interesting, Tocchet will be at the absolute height of his power now and if he says trade him - like Boston did with Seguin it could be huge

Reactions: bicboi64

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad