Around the League

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
I miss the good ol' days when the GM and coach of the Wings were goalies. 😢

if the Wings can bring in like 10 Goalies then with the whole old boys club thing the NHL has it greatly increases the Wings odds of having that again down the line

maybe that's why Yzerman is bringing so many of them in

• Love
Reactions: Bench

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
if the Wings can bring in like 10 Goalies then with the whole old boys club thing the NHL has it greatly increases the Wings odds of having that again down the line

maybe that's why Yzerman is bringing so many of them in

I love this. Big brain plays.

Roll_Safe_meme.jpg

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
It's kind of a long-winded explanation but Perlini talks about "Money on the board" that goes on in every NHL locker room.

Honestly I had no idea that was a thing.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
It's kind of a long-winded explanation but Perlini talks about "Money on the board" that goes on in every NHL locker room.

Honestly I had no idea that was a thing.

Long winded is an understatement. I couldn't get halfway through it. Do people really think there's value in somebody walking around and rambling instead of sitting behind a desk and thinking about what he's going to say?

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010

2024-2025 table predictions:​

Metropolitan:​

1 New Jersey
2 Washington
3 Pittsburgh
-
4 Philadelphia
5 Columbus
6 Carolina
7 Rangers
8 Islanders

Atlantic:​

1 Ottawa
2 Boston
3 Florida
-
4 Montreal (Wild Card)
5 Tampa Bay (Wild Card)
-
6 Detroit
7 Toronto
8 Buffalo

Central:​

1 Dallas
2 Colorado
3 Winnipeg
-
4 Nashville (Wild Card)
-
5 Chicago
6 Utah
7 Minnesota
8 St.Louis

Pacific:
1 Edmonton
2 Anaheim
3 San José
-
4 Seattle (Wild Card)
-
5 Vancouver
6 Los Angeles
7 Vegas
8 Calgary
What in the hell?

Imgoingtowork

Apr 15, 2024
Suède
What in the hell?

Good table?

New Jersey like:

Bratt
Markström
J.Hughes
L.Hughes
Nemec
Hischier
Meier
Palat
Allen
Hamilton
Tatar

Ottawa like:

B.Tkachuk
Stützle
Ullmark
Giroux
Batherson
A.Forsberg
Perron
Sanderson
Norris
Zub
Pinto

Nashville like:

F.Forsberg
Stamkos
Saros
Josi
Marchessault
O'Reilly

Edmonton like:

McDavid
Draisaitl
Hyman
Bouchard
Nugent-Hopkins
Perry
Henrique
Kane
Ekholm
Nurse

Last edited:

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020

2024-2025 table predictions:​

Metropolitan:​

1 New Jersey
2 Washington
3 Pittsburgh
-
4 Philadelphia
5 Columbus
6 Carolina
7 Rangers
8 Islanders

Atlantic:​

1 Ottawa
2 Boston
3 Florida
-
4 Montreal (Wild Card)
5 Tampa Bay (Wild Card)
-
6 Detroit
7 Toronto
8 Buffalo

Central:​

1 Dallas
2 Colorado
3 Winnipeg
-
4 Nashville (Wild Card)
-
5 Chicago
6 Utah
7 Minnesota
8 St.Louis

Pacific:
1 Edmonton
2 Anaheim
3 San José
-
4 Seattle (Wild Card)
-
5 Vancouver
6 Los Angeles
7 Vegas
8 Calgary

Obvious trolling. Ottawa 1st in the division and Montreal as WC.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Good table?

You agree?

New Jersey like:

Bratt
Markström
J.Hughes
L.Hughes
Meier
Hischier
Nemec
Palat
Allen
Hamilton
Tatar

Ottawa like:

B.Tkachuk
Stützle
Ullmark
Giroux
Batherson
Forsberg
Perron
Sanderson
Norris
Zub
Pinto

Dallas like:

Robertson
Oettinger
Benn
Hintz
Heiskanen
Seguin
Duchene
Lindell
Dadonov
Stankoven

Edmonton like:

McDavid
Draisaitl
Hyman
Bouchard
Nugent-Hopkins
Perry
Henrique
Kane
Ekholm
Nurse
You have Ottawa, Montreal, San Jose and Anaheim as playoff teams, which immediately discredits your thoughts on the rankings.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

Imgoingtowork

Apr 15, 2024
Suède
I'll promise for you, that Ullmark is not the same Boston-Ullmark behind that Ottawa defence of flaws, and Korpisalo will have a better season than him at Boston.

Ullmark are better goalie than Korpisalo because Ullmark are Sweden's best goalie and Korpisalo are Finland's third or fourth best goalie only as everyone knows Saros are Finland's best goalie.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
The Athletic ($) has a ranking of goalie prospects. Jesper Wallstedt is ranked #1 with Sebastian Cossa ranked #7 and Trey Augustine ranked #8. Hakan Andersson has famously said he doesn't know how to judge goaltenders, but consensus for that 2021 draft was that Wallstedt was the top goalie available. We obviously traded up to draft Cossa instead.

Hopefully it works out, but it's yet another sign our North American scouting is pretty bad. I give credit to Yzerman and Draper for relying so heavily on our Euro scouting with some of our best draft picks, but if Wallstedt turns out to be a great goalie this one is going to sting.

Last edited:

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
The Athletic ($) has a ranking of goalie prospects. Jester Wallstedt is ranked #1 with Sebastian Cossa ranked #7 and Trey Augustine ranked #8. Hakan Andersson has famously said he doesn't know how to judge goaltenders, but consensus for that 2021 draft was that Wallstedt was the top goalie available. We obviously traded up to draft Cossa instead.

Hopefully it works out, but it's yet another sign our North American scouting is pretty bad. I give credit to Yzerman and Draper for relying so heavily on our Euro scouting with some of our best draft picks, but if Wallstedt turns out to be a great goalie this one is going to sting.
I'm confident Cossa is closer to Wallstedt then McCollum was to Markstrom....

JoesuffP

Feb 3, 2016
They will both be good goalies in their own way. Cossa’s first AHL season is more impressive than any he’s had in the AHL only he’s been there longer and played some nhl games where he got lit up

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
The Athletic ($) has a ranking of goalie prospects. Jesper Wallstedt is ranked #1 with Sebastian Cossa ranked #7 and Trey Augustine ranked #8. Hakan Andersson has famously said he doesn't know how to judge goaltenders, but consensus for that 2021 draft was that Wallstedt was the top goalie available. We obviously traded up to draft Cossa instead.

Yeahhhh, I don't think the Athletic's rankings are any sign of how good our scouting is. The two guys played in the same league last year. Our guy had a better year

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020

I was pounding the table for Wallstedt in 2021 but Cossa was the better goalie last season. That goalie list is hot garbage.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California

@Bench In shambles!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad