Around the League

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

ZDH

Mar 6, 2008
It's always interesting to me the kind of draft scenarios they must be laying out where 5 draft spots late in the first round are worth trading up for. Like who are they afraid they'll miss out on?
The sharks trade makes more sense to go from 14th to 11th or w/e it was bc you kind of know how the top 10 is more or less going to play out and you have a good idea of who's going to be there. But late in the first rd who really knows so it is indeed puzzling.

Maybe GMs are realizing that if a guy they like has potential to slip its easier, albeit riskier, to have the pick already in place than trade for it during the draft. Dunno.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
It's always interesting to me the kind of draft scenarios they must be laying out where 5 draft spots late in the first round are worth trading up for. Like who are they afraid they'll miss out on?

I bet there are always teams looking to move up. Teams actually doing it might be a reflection more on how poorly other teams are viewing this draft. If they don't see a big difference between 11th and 14th, why not trade down and grab a couple of bonus picks, too?

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi

Maybe they view a tier of players ending at say #22, so they want to insure a tier of talent available when/where they pick at?

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Quinn Hughes won the Norris. Good for him, I still think from time to time about what might have been if we had a competent GM and Director of Scouting who realized Quinn's talents and weren't fooled by Filip Zadina's limited skillset. I'd be much more bitter if we hadn't moved on from Ken Holland shortly after this blunder.

Great stat I saw: Quinn had more points this year than Zadina's had in his entire career. Yep, it's a marathon, not a sprint.

Congrats Quinn!

Congrats for him.

I'll predict he'll never win the Cup and thanks to winning Norris, will be the most overpaid cap problem for the next team he is gonna sign.

Next Erik Karlsson surfing from half-legit teams to another and another.

ZDH

Mar 6, 2008
Zadorov is hitting free agency.

Don't want Trouba, Ekblad or Montour. Would be good with Zadorov as long as the contract isn't brutal.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Think we should consider trading for Askarov. Now after Saros was extended for Preds.

Askarov <> Augustine swap should interest Nashville, because Augustine is younger and could develop for years behind Saros

Cossa and Askarov as a 1A and 1B... would be rally exciting. Put those monsters compete against each other!

ZDH

Mar 6, 2008
Also red wings with the 3rd highest odds to get Stamkos according to Vegas.

TB
Nashville
Detroit

tabness

will play for 4 million 🇵🇸
Apr 4, 2014
Stamkos was apparently offered 3 million AAV for a long term deal by Tampa lol so insulting

you know what to do Stammer

1719614004645.png

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Zadorov is hitting free agency.

Don't want Trouba, Ekblad or Montour. Would be good with Zadorov as long as the contract isn't brutal.
Would you pair him up with Mo? I'd imagine that would be the move for what he's going to get on the open market.

Zadorov is a 17 minute a night D that wants 22 minute a night money. No thanks.
lebowski.gif

• Haha
Reactions: ZDH

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
anyone that wants Stamkos should be hoping he wants way more than 4 to 5 because if that's all he wants he's just gonna end up in like Boston or something

not sure wtf Tampa is doing if those rumors are true, I get that they're up against the cap but offering him $3m after he just put up 40 goals this year is like....an actual insult

Last edited:

Axel Sandy Pelikan

Michael Brandsegg-Nygard or Bust.
May 11, 2023
Think we should consider trading for Askarov. Now after Saros was extended for Preds.

Askarov <> Augustine swap should interest Nashville, because Augustine is younger and could develop for years behind Saros

Cossa and Askarov as a 1A and 1B... would be rally exciting. Put those monsters compete against each other!

@Bench. Get in here. Henkka has the perfect plan for our goaltending room.

• Love
Reactions: Bench

Ad

Upcoming events

• Bolivia vs Panama
    Bolivia vs Panama
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $75.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • USA vs Uruguay
    USA vs Uruguay