Around the League XL: Games 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
Silly Hawks story, I was at a bar during the Preds 1st round series. A group of people are between periods yacking about the announcers and some lady points then says "who's that guy!??" and I reply on the PA system "Ma'am, that's Chicago Blackhawk's 3 time Stanley Cup winning Patrick Sharp, you don't remember him?" I got some angry looks...and some hearty laughs!

deytookerjaabs

Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
I hate that rule with a passion. Give the officials some credit and if a play is millimetres off side and is missed. That's life. There will always be the human element, hopefully.

Problem is humans, we make lotsa mistakes, can be corrupted, but we also know ****ing common sense when we see it. Didn't have **** to do with the play, good goal all day long. But if we're in charge then the next shift the guy entering will be a foot offside and Joe Ref won't see it. It's like there needs to be some middle ground.

The Worst One

Who wants to die?
Oct 5, 2017
Silly Hawks story, I was at a bar during the Preds 1st round series. A group of people are between periods yacking about the announcers and some lady points then says "who's that guy!??" and I reply on the PA system "Ma'am, that's Chicago Blackhawk's 3 time Stanley Cup winning Patrick Sharp, you don't remember him?" I got some angry looks...and some hearty laughs!
You should've "educated" that lady.

Reactions: deytookerjaabs

deytookerjaabs

Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
You should've "educated" that lady.

Eh.

It's funny being down here some of the differences of perspective. On the flip side, I'm listening to the local sports radio guy's critique the Preds forwards and when doing so the first comparison they make is "well, you know guys like Kane or Toews in the playoffs show they aren't regular season players, I'm just scared Arviwhattheheck is not a playoff performer."

Don't worry...the legacy still lives on even though we've been in the dumps!

The Worst One

Who wants to die?
Oct 5, 2017
Eh.

It's funny being down here some of the differences of perspective. On the flip side, I'm listening to the local sports radio guy's critique the Preds forwards and when doing so the first comparison they make is "well, you know guys like Kane or Toews in the playoffs show they aren't regular season players, I'm just scared Arviwhattheheck is not a playoff performer."

Don't worry...the legacy still lives on even though we've been in the dumps!
Yeah, the only Preds player I would like to have on our team is Josi. Everyone else is meh.
I miss the 2009-2015 Hawks so much. Those were the times.

Reactions: deytookerjaabs

Any Colour You Like

Regular bean eater
Nov 13, 2011
Boston U
I went 4/4 in terms of my second-chance bracket. Which is rather annoying in some sense, because the Canes were the only team that I actually wanted to win.

My prediction of Blues over Bruins is looking gag-inducingly likely.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
After a dismal 2/8 first round prediction, I went 4/4 in the second round.

Hockey is dumb sometimes.

Cowch

Jan 24, 2019
My 2nd round was real bad after a decent 1st round.

Only got Boston right, though I wanted the sharks to win, I just thought they were too worn out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad