Around the League | No lead is safe in Round 2!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017
"UPDATE: Sources have indicated a May 8 Game 1 may also be in play, depending on the result of the Dallas Stars/Vegas Golden Knights Game 7 on Sunday, because of building availability in Dallas on Wednesday, when American Airlines Arena is hosting a concert for super-popular Mexican crooner Luis Miguel. Long story short: If Vegas wins, the Canucks vs Oilers series would start Tuesday; if Dallas wins, the Canucks vs. Oilers series could start Wednesday — unless the NHL wants to give the Stars a couple extra days off and delays the series’ start till Thursday."
I was wondering what was going on when they didn't post Vancouver-Edmonton for Tuesday. Fine by me, actually, the extra day off will probably help the Canucks more than the Oilers.

Reactions: Indiana

Cancuks

Former Exalted Ruler
Jan 13, 2014
At the EI office
Vegas's failure was a prime example of why you shouldn't mess with your team's chemistry too much. The Hertl trade was unnecessary and will be terrible as it'll cost them roster players. The Hanifin trade/re-signing doesn't make a lot of sense either and will likely cost them Theodore. Trading for Tanev would've made more sense. Glad they're out. Now hopefully the Stars eliminate the Avs in 7 triple OT.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I would gladly be the next bottom feeder if it meant getting to see one cup win :(
It's a trade-off I guess.....but there's no way the Canucks franchise could ever be run like the Knights. For one thing, the tax structure is completely different in Canada.

The players keep a lot more of their money in Sin City, what with non-existent state taxes and low taxes on high income earners. It's the reason why at the TDL, players are happy to go there. And if they're on LTIR, so much the better. They get paid more just riding the stationary bike.

And I guess they squeezed one Cup out of that approach. And I suppose looking at their roster, they might be able to compete for another.

But the NHL is a cruel and unyielding business.....sooner or later, when the prospect pipeline goes dry, you're going down.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck

window.jpg

pls come back

lawrence

May 19, 2012
if the Canucks had the officating of the Stars Knights series, (btw it was meerly 10-8 for the stars)

we would have won the stanley cup and quite frankly beat the Preds in 5 or so. That's how it should be reffed. But weak ass late call. That was a pure dive by the Knights player, and the stupid refs fell for it, thankfully Dallas killed it.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Kind of a shock to see the Conference semi-final scheduling. Dallas wraps up a tough, emotional series against Vegas tonight, and then is back on the ice Tuesday, to host the Av's.

The Canucks finished up their series with the Preds on Friday, but aren't back on the ice until Wednesday at home. The extra day of rest and preparation should be a huge boost.

But the time they hit the ice, both Colorado and Edmonton will have been off for more than a week. Will be interesting to see if there's any rust.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
My wife and I visited Vancouver ~ 6 years ago,
the amount of obese people in electrical wheel chairs was pretty overwhelming.
It also reminded us of Wall-E because they looked exactly like people in the film.

Society really needs to stop normalizing that shit by calling it "body positivity",
being fat literally kills people slowly.
In many other nations the same people would be stuck at home without mobility support and health care, and thus out of sight/out of mind. These things can be a matter of perspective

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
Glad Vegas is out.

Dallas has the ugliest jerseys.

Kind of hope they lose to the Avs and Tanev gets dispirited with the team and wants to come home.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Glad Vegas is out.

Kind of hope they lose to the Avs and Tanev gets dispirited with the team and wants to come home.

Really? I thought Dallas jersey looks pretty nice, way better than back then when they had the puke yellow trim on a dark green star.

The Oiler jersey also use to look really nasty, but just a few adjustments to the shade of orange and blue, all of a sudden it looks quite sharp.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
Really? I thought Dallas jersey looks pretty nice, way better than back then when they had the puke yellow trim on a dark green star.

The Oiler jersey also use to look really nasty, but just a few adjustments to the shade of orange and blue, all of a sudden it looks quite sharp.
The shade of green is just really nasty IMO.

calnuck

Nov 26, 2010
CA
We got just the right man for this job.

image.jpeg.695d7f35a69e3d10eb18fed203b1d261.jpeg
This makes me irrationally angry to think about lol

Glad Vegas is out.

Their current jerseys are awful. I wish they’d go back to the modano era ones.
Disagree about tanev though I would love to see him win a cup and bring that back to this team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad