Around the League vol 4 - Own Goals Count Too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
The Isles are not anywhere close to guaranteed a playoff spot with how tight the Metro is. The could still very well miss if they go into a slump.
Things could get very interesting. Washington just passed them, the Penguins are finding ways to win and Carolina is on fire. The Islanders could easily slide into that messy wild card battle. Extremely deserved and would be enjoyable watching them face plant.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
2nd highest PDO in league after the Leafs. The key difference being Toronto's shooters are elite talents and Andersen has a proven track record. Lehner and Greiss are not good, Casey ''Murderer" Cizikas is not a 20 goal scorer. They'll fall out of a play off spot.

I think they will and it will be glorious.

Reactions: TorMapleJays

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Looking at our schedule, its actually a great thing our last 4 games.

We get to play the Islanders again in their barn and we need to show up and bring a much better performance
We have to play the Canes the next night and this team always gives the Leafs fits.
We then get to play TB whos by far the best team in the league.
End it off with a big game vs Montreal in Montreal where they could be potentially fighting for their playoffs lives at that point.

Every single one of those games is against a legit opponent and me thinks we will learn a lot about that group and how they might fare in the playoffs after that 4 game sample.

I would much rather finish the season against tough opponents that are going to represent the same amount of quality you'll see a few days from then compared to a bunch of dumpster fires like Buffalo or FLA which don't really test you or show you how much better you need to perform.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Columbus missing the playoffs and entering the draft with a 3rd and a 7th, with Panarin, Bobrovsky, Duchene, Dzingle among others all expiring would be hilarious.

However them going all in was fun, and I hope they succeed so more GM's do it.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
It would be f***ing hilarious to see the Islanders choke their playoff spot because their goalies are becoming human at the worst possible time for them.

Seems like they put so much time and energy into their Cup final on Feb 28th that they forgot there is still a month of hockey left.

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
Absolutely love that the Caps won and Flyers beating the Islanders. So poetic.

Isles actually playing good today but cant buy a goal. No elite talent and also not getting any puck luck. I wonder why?

Stay classy!

Reactions: Lilou and Al14

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
Columbus missing the playoffs and entering the draft with a 3rd and a 7th, with Panarin, Bobrovsky, Duchene, Dzingle among others all expiring would be hilarious.

However them going all in was fun, and I hope they succeed so more GM's do it.
I hope they make it too, but what an epic fail that would be if they missed :popcorn:

Oct 15, 2014
The Duke's Archives
I predict that Columbus will not make the playoffs as their schedule is horrendous. So many top teams to play against with so many changes to team personnel.

Both GM and coach will get terminated at the end of the season.

The GM is all in with a throw of the dice.

Hardly any picks at the next draft -what a mess.

Montreal's schedule isn't any easier with games against WPG, CBJ, SJ, TOR, TB, WSH, CAR, and NYIx2. Columbus, with 2 games in hand and ROW advantage, just needs to beat out Montreal. They....SHOULD....be fine lol. (They have 3 games vs. BOS....could use a little help there)

Even if they fail this season, they have solid core of NHL players in Dubois, Werenski, Jones, Atkinson, etc. and a ton of financial flexibility to make a splash or two in the next few years. At some point, you need to go all in instead of continuously sitting back and accumulating picks/prospects. Not having any picks this year shouldn't kill them long-term

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Thank you Flyers! No, Crylanders, you couldn't have used Tavares today, or, could you?

Reactions: Lilou

Lilou

t-.-t
Oct 29, 2008
Scarborough, ON
Get rekt. Good job philly. Funny how those islander "fans" barely showed up to a game the day after the leafs game. Bandwagoners. Always have been.

Reactions: Al14

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
Kimmy must not be too happy:

cdcU53Ff_400x400.jpg

Reactions: WillNy29
Mar 14, 2011
Of course the Isles get the perfect remedy for their current slump with a back to back matchup against the Sens; that team is looking more and more like the 2015/2016 Leafs now that Stone, Dzingel and Duchene are gone.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Of course the Isles get the perfect remedy for their current slump with a back to back matchup against the Sens; that team is looking more and more like the 2015/2016 Leafs now that Stone, Dzingel and Duchene are gone.
Imagine the Isles loses both games.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto

Most home and home games are 1-1. Hope the Sens win the first and scare the shit out of them.

Go Jackets. Win this game.

TheKule

Jun 3, 2011
4 goal game for Wheeler. Jets were dominated in the 3rd but scored 3 goals. Reminds me of a team I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad