Around the League Thread | The one where Florida blows it…?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Buddy its 3-2 panthers... did you expect the oilers to just roll over and die in the Stanley cup finals?

Florida still is in the drivers seat
jeremy-clarkson-the-grand-tour.gif

tradervik

Hear no evil, see no evil, complain about it
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2007
Florida choking would be a pretty fun outcome. PDO is tracking well too. Still wish the series would be over by now.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
I get that he finally got a goal after so many chances but why was he on the point on his backhand? He couldn't keep the puck in at the blueline and that led to a couple of the Oilers EN opportunities.
I'd need to watch the replays, but might've been from crossing over with his partner but not reading where the puck is fast enough. One time he just straight up didn't see the puck going back to him and the Panthers lost the zone.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Pretty funny that Maurice has gone from hero to zero on here in like 5 days.
I always thought he was a zero. His team is stacked. He had no answers last season when Vegas beat their forecheck and chaos system. Now that Edmonton is finally pushing back a bit he has no answers again, probably just "try harder".

Just because he's a good quote doesn't mean he's a good coach.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Tocchet coaching the Panthers and they take this in 5.
I would love to agree but I can't. Oilers are doing the same thing against both teams - net collapse in their own zone, maximum effort in all other aspects. Not too different than what Preds threw at us too. We couldn't score when those teams were executing that well against us, and the Panthers have had similar issues except for Skinner being so mediocre.

If Tocchet had shown that he could set the team up with the tactics to generate consistent offence, I would agree. But he hasn't.

I will say that Tocchet's system isn't as fragile as the Panther's. Since everyone knows where to be for the most part, we don't give up as many absolutely catastrophic chances that sneak into the Panther's normal game.

Hopefully we can say this about future Tocchet.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Tkachuk has finally arrived in this series - promising sign for Florida as he had to get going. Better late than never. He single handedly gave his team life with his goal. Florida came to play in the 3rd and almost tied it but man they need to have much better starts. They need to put in a full 60. The Oilers have, the Panthers havent in the last 2 games.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
I can't believe how good McDavid is right now.

He is willing his team to a cup. Have to respect that.

Need Bob to show up and steal one in Edmonton. If they come back to Miami with the series tied, I'm not optimistic with their chances.

You have to be against the game of hockey to not appreciate what he's doing out there. Closest equivalent to Gretzky, even better than Prime Sid.

It just sucks that he has to do it on the f***ing Oilers.

Tkachuk has finally arrived in this series - promising sign for Florida as he had to get going. Better late than never. He single handedly gave his team life with his goal. Florida came to play in the 3rd and almost tied it but man they need to have much better starts. They need to put in a full 60. The Oilers have, the Panthers havent in the last 2 games.

And then there's Reinhart, who has done sweet f*** all. Dude is about to get massively overpaid.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
You have to be against the game of hockey to not appreciate what he's doing out there. Closest equivalent to Gretzky, even better than Prime Sid.

And then there's Reinhart, who has done sweet f*** all. Dude is about to get massively overpaid.

Floridas entire top line has gone quiet. Maurice really needs to shuffle his lines to find a spark. But I think it's the defense that has been costing them the last 2 games. How you let Perry walk right into the slot on the game winner is beyond me.

I would let Reinhart walk this summer.

Reactions: mossey3535

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Floridas entire top line has gone quiet. Maurice really needs to shuffle his lines to find a spark. But I think it's the defense that has been costing them the last 2 games. How you let Perry walk right into the slot on the game winner is beyond me.

I would let Reinhart walk this summer.
Basically any pair without Forsling is lagging hard, and Montour even made Forsling look bad a few times.

Reactions: BimJenning

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011

God I hope a team like the Leafs make a run for Reinhart.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
I think the biggest compliment I could give to the Oilers right now is that they have consistently been the better team in the 2nd half of every series.

To me, that speaks volumes of the job their coaching staff has done at adapting to the course of a series and making adjustments. That's ultimately how you win.

That, and they've been ridiculously lucky with injuries to this point. Kane is the only player to miss any significant time since the playoffs started. McDavid looks like he's bulletproof.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: BimJenning

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Basically any pair without Forsling is lagging hard, and Montour even made Forsling look bad a few times.

Florida has completely forgotten how to play defense. And still being too aggressive, that SH goal was a backbreaker. Even worst when it was the opening goal. Paul said in his press tonight, SH goals can't be happening anymore. Maurice needs to patch this defense up real fast or this is going 7.

Florida just needs to play like it's their last game, otherwise Edmonton will have the egde.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
PM tricked into putting OEL in crucial situations because of his goal lol, Tkachuk makes an all-time save and guy still has his controller disconnected

was O EL really out for the fukl last two minutes? absolutely bonkers

Paul Maurice is like Pete Deboer.

These guys are mid.

obscure reference because i think most ppl don’t even know there was a mighty ducks 3, but maurice reminds me of the coach in mighty ducks 3 who secretly quit the NHL to take care of his sick daughter and ends up winning pacey’s respect

unrelated, i really like luostarinen. probably frustrating to have on your team because he’s all effort and creating exciting opportunities but no finish (hansenesque) but would love to have him nonetheless

Reactions: mossey3535

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012
I always thought he was a zero. His team is stacked. He had no answers last season when Vegas beat their forecheck and chaos system. Now that Edmonton is finally pushing back a bit he has no answers again, probably just "try harder".

Just because he's a good quote doesn't mean he's a good coach.
You think a “not good coach” by accident coached his team to back to back Stanley Cup finals?

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong
Panthers crapping the bed hard

Yeah it’s not gonna be fun for us playing against McDavid for the next 10 decade.

Dude is on a mission tonight.

AzNightmare

Unregistered User
May 11, 2011
Only reason people say McDavid isn't in the same tier as the hockey legends is because he doesn't have a cup. This is his shot and he's going for it.

Is this going to be one of those moments where this team goes on a long win streak again? Except they only need 2 more now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad