Around the League Thread | Stop f***ing crying, bro, this isn’t Junior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA
Fully expecting a quick series with our D being totally unable to handle their speed and quick puck movement. They are rather healthy (E. Kane is the only guy banged up), have many more years of playoff experience and have the best hockey player in the league.

They should beat Vancouver or Nashville with relative ease.

They would be heavy favourites against either winner of our series for sure.

Nick Lang

May 14, 2015
Again, LA and their 131 hockey is basically watch paint dry, if the Oilers can take a giant shit on that system then piss all over them, I'd say it's well-deserved.

I would say Predators, Isles, Bruins, Canucks, Kings, Canes, and even the current Leafs, are all playing that paint drying style. Very defensive minded.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Yeah, this is really the Oilers year to make a deep run, very favourable path to the WCF

If the Canucks play them, I just hope we bruise them up on the way there and give them a bit of a scare

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
I like Zadorov and all but is this actually your answer?

LA is more physical than us.
Hits does not tell the full story, nobody on the kings is scary, physically, unlike Vancouver

Zanon

Apr 4, 2008
Vancouver
Fully expecting a quick series with our D being totally unable to handle their speed and quick puck movement. They are rather healthy (E. Kane is the only guy banged up), have many more years of playoff experience and have the best hockey player in the league.

They should beat Vancouver or Nashville with relative ease.
Either the Canucks win with DeSmith and Silovs in net which makes it even better, or they lose and it’s whatever because we were missing our All-Star Vezina goalie. We big chillin. Buuuuuut Canucks might not even make it to R2, lol.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: vanuck

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
I think if the Canucks did lose people would point to not having Demko but I 100% guarantee it will be because of the special teams battle
Goaltending and the fact they just have the best offense in the league in large part due to one player.

One team was horribly run for 8 years with an endless ambition to compete and never commiting to a tank job - subsequently never lucking out in getting a generational forward.

The other team blatantly tanked and accumulated numerous #1 overall picks and have a generational tandem in McDavid and Draisaitl that can score with ease.

They had to change the draft structure because of that nonsense.

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
Oilers beat the Flames in 5 a few years ago. That Flames team had Zadorov, Lucic, Gudbranson, Tkachuk
I’m just not impressed by that man I don’t know what else to say, I think they crumble against physical teams truly

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
They aren’t tho. They don’t get in on the forecheck because of the 1-3-1. They don’t have a ton of super physical players. The Canucks were top 5 in hits thrown in the regular season the Kings were bottom 5.
Well said

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
Lose this coilers lol

They see through gloves now lol

Sell it Perry f..kin goof

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
They aren’t tho. They don’t get in on the forecheck because of the 1-3-1. They don’t have a ton of super physical players. The Canucks were top 5 in hits thrown in the regular season the Kings were bottom 5.
And LA has more hits this playoffs without tonight counting yet.

Slapshot_11

Aug 30, 2006
Oilers scoring on the pp at will..

We'd be resting for round 2 if we had a functioning pp

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
The Oilers are literally getting handed this game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events