Around the League Thread | Stop f***ing crying, bro, this isn’t Junior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Treliving could have done literally anything last off-season and he did nothing. All of those guys had NMC/NTC kick in July 1st and he got hired in May.

Plus everyone inside and outside the league knew the Leafs were basically either chokers or worst case completely gutless. Treliving could have easily fired Keefe and moved out either Nylander (though I wouldn't, he is arguably the best of the four) or Marner for help. Instead he added useless players around the edges.

I don't even blame him for Samsononv based on the previous year, the guy regressed hard this year.

I could almost understand giving the core four one more go, especially with Treliving maybe still a bit gun shy after the Huberdeau trade. I wouldn't have, personally, but I do kinda get it. What absolutely flooded me is they kept Keefe. He shouldn't have survived the Montreal series much less Tampa or Boston thereafter. When you're outcoached by Dominque Ducharme, that's an embarrassment that doesn't deserve any more chances.

It just baffles me how they've repeatedly done next to nothing and somehow expected everything to change. Moving a handful of depth pieces whose names nobody even remembers isn't going to suddenly make you a cup contender.

Reactions: mossey3535

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Looks like Boltz are done.

The first disallowed goal I saw, but not the second. From the sound of it, Boltz got gibbed?

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
Wouldn’t be shocked if the Bolts let Stamkos walk. They need to get younger and they need to unbind their salary cap. Painful but needed.

They have the luxury of playing in a highly desirable market for NHL players. They will be able to find cheaper UFAs.

The player they really ought to think long and hard about is Vasilevskiy. He hasn’t been at his peak form for a while now. 5 more years at $9.5m looks very risky.

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA
The Lightning could really jump start their next cycle if they consider tearing it down. This cycle is done for them, but what a f***ing ride it was, almost 3 cups!!!!

I guess they could try to retool, but why bother?

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
The Lightning could really jump start their next cycle if they consider tearing it down. This cycle is done for them, but what a f***ing ride it was, almost 3 cups!!!!

I guess they could try to retool, but why bother?
Tb I believe owes their 2025 first to nash. Believe it’s top 10 protected but will have to owe an unprotected one in 2026. So a tear down won’t net them a benefit now.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Oooooooof, well then, retool it is lol good luck to them
They moved 2 firsts for Hagel and one with former first in Foote for jeannot.

They are pot committed at this point. Have to move off Stamkos. Not much they can do unless they managed to draft and develop another group of later picks like they did with Cirelli, Ross, etc.

Reactions: mossey3535 and Flik

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
It would be a classic Toronto thing if Tavares gets traded to Colorado and immediately becomes instrumental in a Cup win while Marner goes to some franchise like Carolina and wins them a cup too.
Now way in hell the Canes would go for Marner. Marner squeezed every penny out of his hometown team, he’s going to squeeze everything he can in his next contract and the Canes aren’t going to pay like 12+M to anyone, not when playoff tickets are selling at 72 dollars on the secondary market lol

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA
Yeah they still have 140pt Kucherov, probably have like 3-4 years left in the tank? You do a quick retool and see if he and Vasi and Sergachev can carry the team.

That's the thing though, Kucherov could fetch a HAUL. I don't think they have the defensive depth to be a serious contender anymore. Hedman was the key for them, and he's in back side of his career.

Vasi is still great, but man, so much would have to go right for them to bolster that line-up and make one last push. Maybe they need Allvin at the helm lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $2,330.00