Around the League Thread | Pre-Season Approaches

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
The Gaudreau funerals were today in PA. The hockey world really is an interconnected community. So many fans, current and former teammates, coaches and even NHL Commish Gary Bettman in attendance....., and many still overcome with grief and disbelief at what happened.

I see there's a campaign to re-name the 'Lady Byng Award' after Johnny Gaudreau. It's got my support.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Agreed. Totally surprised they didn't use the purple of the Jazz.

Coyotes red and white jerseys were boring. Only when they brought back the kachina was it interesting.
League needs more non blue/red color schemes.
Kind of sad, how few other colors there are in the NHL:

Yellow - Nash and LV (Gold)
Orange - Phi and Ana as Edm returned to blue
Green - Minny, Dal
Burgundy - Col

Blue - van, edm, sj, sea, stl, win, utah, nyr, nyi, cbj, tor, buf, tb
red - cal, chi, nj, wash, car, mon, det, fla
black - la, pitt, ott, bos

Was really hoping Seattle would have gone green and Utah Purple.

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
Disgusting, expected, and of course it's the Oilers.
Just trying to keep it all straight:

The Oilers are in bed with: an enabler of sexual assault (Bowman), an, at best, lecherous creep (Perry), a domestic abuser (Kane), and now they are in bed with sports gambling to the Nth degree which, by the way, is the form of addiction most closely correlated with suicide attempts.

Am I missing any?

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown

The Oilers are in bed with: an enabler of sexual assault (Bowman), an, at best, lecherous creep (Perry), a domestic abuser (Kane), and now they are in bed with sports gambling to the Nth degree which, by the way, is the form of addiction most closely correlated with suicide attempts.

Am I missing any?

Kane also faked a COVID vaccine card.

• Haha
Reactions: AlainVigneaultsGum

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014

Am I missing any?

Oilers are speedrunning their karma down the drain, can't wait for the relocation to Houston
I've beat this drum before, but this is just pro hockey players. There are people like this on all teams, but ones that get exposed and shake loose are also the ones that are available for cheap to teams like the Oilers who need to win now and don't have much to trade for them.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Everything I read about him last year was he was a complete liability. Couldn't move around at all. Didn't watch him myself, though.

He's definitely damaged goods at this point. I think he's worthy of a PTO for a team in desperate need of some scoring touch and veteran presence if he manages to stay healthy enough - but I just don't see the need in Toronto.

Reactions: wetcoast and Vector

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Is pacioretty even good at this stage? Genuine question

No. He's regressed to be a one dimensional forward who struggles to score. Toronto is doing him a fair by giving him a chance more than he's doing them one. It certainly doesn't hurt to give him that shot either but I can't see any reason to sign him for anything above league min, and with the intention he isn't playing every game.

Never been a favorite player of mine but I do hope he can have something of a resurgence. Guy's been absolutely battered with injuries lately.

Reactions: wetcoast

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Good to go is an interesting way of saying the train wreck is being delayed

Didnt the Oil invite Jake Virtanen to try out for their collection of great people?

Just waiting for the Carter Hart Mike McLoed and Dylan Dube depth signings at some point soon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad