Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Holland likely headed to Chicago.

Inb4 Benning to Edmonton.

Yzerman, Federov, Lidstrom

McDavid, Draisaitl

Bedard

Aside from a brief period where Detroit drafted well, the guy has been mediocre and has latched onto teams with decent pieces. Oilers were one game away from a Stanley Cup but Ken Holland has done that team zero favours and now walks away to another franchise that has nowhere to go but up.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
The away jersey looks cleeeeeeeeeean. Not a fan of the Disney logo tbh but the design really comes together.
Prefer the Disney logo over the web foot....

NHL has too many blue/Red/black teams. Lacking other colors. It's just Nash in yellow, LV seems to like going with the Gold at home now, Col in burgundy, Dal and Min in green, and Phi in Orange.

So, having Ana go full blown Orange is good. For a warm weather city, a bright color like that works. Not going to be selling parkas or ski jackets down there.

Reactions: quat and arttk

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Dallas released their "new" jerseys.
mens-fanatics-thomas-harley-kelly-green-dallas-stars-home-premier-breakaway-player-jersey_ss5_p-201452145+u-bvcmuu7czjqnzhfgnrly+v-34clygdwbhecpk0uvwt4.jpg

Remember when they sold authorized practice jerseys and knockoffs at Canadian Tire? Yeah...
Stars have great jerseys and Logo. Except those shit Neon one's hard to even watch them and Seattle with that junk

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Stars have great jerseys and Logo. Except those shit Neon one's hard to even watch them and Seattle with that junk

Have to disagree. The logo looks cheaply designed. It looks like something you see in a cheap 3rd rate American football league.

The old Stars logo and jersey was iconic and unique.

Dallas-Stars-Logo-history.png

ghows-LK-c9634e56-aef3-4c71-94f2-7fb713b05727-8f840336.jpeg

I bet the Stars will go back to this very soon.

ameselare

Mar 30, 2024
vancouver
Have to disagree. The logo looks cheaply designed. It looks like something you see in a cheap 3rd rate American football league.

This is one of my favourite sweaters of all time, for any team in the entire league. I love it.

That said, as far as I know the new logo and "Victory Green" colour sell really well, and apparently are easier seen on TV/in-person, so it's unlikely to change. Very sad but hopefully they can at least get rid of the horrific neon alts/3rds they have, those are awful.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012

Fair enough North Stars is Minnesota though and i loved those Jerseys. Wild throwbacks are incredible

I've actually like all of the Stars Logos and jerseys. The most recent just follows the more modern designs that exist. It looks sharp to me and is simple without the watermarking that im not a big fan of.

It's all just personal preference stuff some of which are pretty universally bad though. The neon crap i cant stand. Maybe works a little for football but for hockey with the lighting and ice/glass reflection i cant stand it

Bojack Horvatman

IAMGROOT
Jun 15, 2016
Don’t like the orange pants, but I may get used to them in time. My soccer team growing up had Orange jersey so I will always have a soft spot there. I loved the original Mighty Duck jerseys though and would prefer the original. The orange looks great though.

Go back to the Modano era jerseys Dallas

Reactions: quat and canucksfan

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Fair enough North Stars is Minnesota though and i loved those Jerseys. Wild throwbacks are incredible

I've actually like all of the Stars Logos and jerseys. The most recent just follows the more modern designs that exist. It looks sharp to me and is simple without the watermarking that im not a big fan of.

It's all just personal preference stuff some of which are pretty universally bad though. The neon crap i cant stand. Maybe works a little for football but for hockey with the lighting and ice/glass reflection i cant stand it.
I see your point of view

We can at least agree on the fact that this one was bad too.
img-2216582-f.jpg

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
I see your point of view

We can at least agree on the fact that this one was bad too.
img-2216582-f.jpg
ohh boy forgot about that wow is that horrendous. It's like it was in production and Jim Benning was sewing them up and ran out of time

Those new Ducks jerseys might be the best in the league. Beautiful.
yes amazing job of embracing Orange county. The pants are overkill for me but whatever they are stunning jerseys.

Reactions: SeawaterOnIce

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
I like everything about those ducks jerseys except that awful beige "gold". Makes the whole thing look washed out.

On the right track though.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC

Interesting. Also interesting when coupled with the fact that Utah is looking for a top defensemen. (not saying Trouba is one, but teams still seem to be enamoured with him)

I'm also envisioning a scenario where Edmonton somehow manages to pawn Darnell Nurse off on Utah.

pitseleh

Jul 30, 2005
Vancouver

Interesting. Also interesting when coupled with the fact that Utah is looking for a top defensemen. (not saying Trouba is one, but teams still seem to be enamoured with him)

I'm also envisioning a scenario where Edmonton somehow manages to pawn Darnell Nurse off on Utah.

If he ends up in Detroit, the NHLPA/Goodrow better file a grievance.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

The Det deal to SJ, I kind of thought there might be a Det/NYR deal since SJ ended up with Goodrow, Walman and a 2nd for nothing.

Basically at this point only a little goes to NYR as that 2nd is part of what needed to go to SJ to take Goodrow. But, see how it goes.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
If he ends up in Detroit, the NHLPA/Goodrow better file a grievance.

The Det deal to SJ, I kind of thought there might be a Det/NYR deal since SJ ended up with Goodrow, Walman and a 2nd for nothing.

Basically at this point only a little goes to NYR as that 2nd is part of what needed to go to SJ to take Goodrow. But, see how it goes.
Definitely seems like a three-way favour-for-favour-for-favour series of transactions. Trouba probably ends up in DET.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Trouba out really helps their short term cap stuff.

I’ve long thought they need to make that move but I also didn’t think they’d have the balls to trade the captain.

Reactions: quat

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016

i also think the gibson deal earlier in the day was odd. odd to be moving a recent high pick that is trending well for any reason. also the return seemed high.

maybe nashville is the one san jose will do a favour.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Trouba out really helps their short term cap stuff.

I’ve long thought they need to make that move but I also didn’t think they’d have the balls to trade the captain.
Trade is made easier with his constant penalty taking in the playoffs. He was terrible.

Reactions: Peen

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver
I'm not in love with the Ducks jerseys because I don't like their choice of orange, but the letter/number font on that jersey works really well. Maybe it'll grow on me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad