Around The League Thread | Let the Games Begin

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Maybe, just maybe, the problem with that team isn’t all goaltending.

You are proposing an interesting concept. Ah well let's just bring in a coach who couldn't coach a defensive system to save his life and why not just throw some more offence-only players into the mix—that's worked so well for them for their now 8th year of the rebuild.

SelltheTeamFrancesco

Aug 11, 2015
The Golden Knights top line is on fire. Stone 14 points, Eichel 13 points, Barbashev 11 points. Seems like Mark Stone is back which is bad news for the rest of the league. They need a top six forward and steady goaltending but I think people were/are sleeping on them.

ephmrl

5th overall.
Nov 26, 2011
Victoria, BC
29-5 shots in favor of Edmonton. Expecting Pittsburgh to come out strong tomorrow after Sullivan lays into them for sleepwalking through the beginning of this game.

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
The Golden Knights top line is on fire. Stone 14 points, Eichel 13 points, Barbashev 11 points. Seems like Mark Stone is back which is bad news for the rest of the league. They need a top six forward and steady goaltending but I think people were/are sleeping on them.

i don't get why people think they'll be bad. they have the best (and biggest) defense in the league and they are super deep at center (eichel, karlsson, hertl, roy, howden). their wings aren't great but i guess people don't realize how good dorofeyev is?

Reactions: andora and Vector

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
i don't get why people think they'll be bad. they have the best (and biggest) defense in the league and they are super deep at center (eichel, karlsson, hertl, roy, howden). their wings aren't great but i guess people don't realize how good dorofeyev is?

I felt people were sleeping on them. Biggest thing, and it was last year, was health.

Reactions: Peen

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
Ah Travis green. Team plays good then final seconds of Vegas pp they back in, Vegas walks in allowed to do whatever they want and tie it up. Then goal 20 seconds later to take the lead then an empty net.

Really don't get that hire and sens have so much talent, that has to sting. 3 goals in 85 seconds.
I get the feeling that Green's system for playing defense is "come on guys, let's play defense!"

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012

Thats true, but Stone plays well and has every year, he just gets injured and misses half the season lately, now this year they could get lucky and that might be different. Eichel and Shea are pretty injury prone as well, then again they just use those injuries to circumvent the cap, but staying healthy will be there biggest challenge I think.

They have alot of top talent though, but there a bigger but slower team, I am just not sure how well they will fare against faster dynamic teams like oilers or avs these days. Not sure if they beat Dallas either.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Lol Oilers stomped the Penguins 4-0 and an almost 2:1 SOG ratio. That's painful.

What is Sid the middle age man doing?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad