Around The League Thread | Let the Games Begin

Quinton Byfield

Jul 25, 2021
The Oilers plan was to squeeze their young RFA for all they were worth. Now, they neither have grit, speed or depth throughout the lineup.

Doubling down on soft skill in Skinner and Arvidsson, old and slow in Henrique and Perry, and not addressing their garbage D is a self inflicted wound that will waste another year of McDavid’s prime.

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
Oilers fans the refs were terrible, can’t believe they screwed us over.
They're getting into conspiracy shit at this point. One said the fact that an icing was called late in the game on a puck that grazed the post was evidence the refs were biased when the puck hitting the post has no bearing on whether icing is called.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Oilers are 0-3-0. Do you think their fans are panicking?

Because they should and this is hilarious.

As much as I relish in pointing and laughing, to be totally fair, if last season is of any indication, I think they have reasons to not panic about what's going on right now.

I understand it's different season, different players, different circumstances. And like MS pointed out they did lose some key mid players and has gotten older with some questionable acquisitions. Last season they were near the bottom of the league, and McDavid was visible with seething rage and frustration.

The marathon has only started, teams just gotta go into playoffs with a fair position.

Reactions: Coffees

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
As much as I relish in pointing and laughing, to be totally fair, if last season is of any indication, I think they have reasons to not panic about what's going on right now.

I understand it's different season, different players, different circumstances. And like MS pointed out they did lose some key mid players and has gotten older with some questionable acquisitions. Last season they were near the bottom of the league, and McDavid was visible with seething rage and frustration.

The marathon has only started, teams just gotta go into playoffs with a fair position.

Yeah, as much as this is hilarious they’ll be fine, in the regular season at least.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown

Yeah, as much as this is hilarious they’ll be fine, in the regular season at least.

Oh definitely. They’ll right the ship just the same way I believe the Canucks will. It’s just that two of the most unhinged and reactionary fan bases are ours and theirs.

Reactions: Coffees

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Oh definitely. They’ll right the ship just the same way I believe the Canucks will. It’s just that two of the most unhinged and reactionary fan bases are ours and theirs.

Their biggest concern is keeping McDavid, with Draisaitl locked up and a promising SCF showing, it's not gonna be too hard unless something truly catastrophic happens, like a 0-20 losing streak or something involving Bowman/Aldrich kind of crap.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad