F***ing hell...
b48a7f848203577b430649f0a0b70a40.gif

Reactions: supercanuck

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Totally. They basically gutted all their mid-roster glue guys doing the dirty work for them, especially for the PK on the crazy PK run they had. And all their non-McDavid team speed.

Interesting, they are currently running a 16.7% PK through two games. I just checked out the goals they ceded and and almost all of them are from the forwards being way too slow applying pressure or losing their guys and being too slow to recover. I am totally fine with this trend continuing.

1st: Kyle Connor has lots of time to walk in and snipe, RNH too slow to get to him, Derek Ryan on the other side literally motionless for most of this clip
Screen Shot 2024-10-13 at 10.23.48 AM.png

2nd: Arvidsson takes the wrong person opening up a gaping hole for Ehlers to step into. Henrique too slow to keep up with Scheifele
Screen Shot 2024-10-13 at 10.24.29 AM.png

3rd: Arvidsson/Henrique again, they get caught collapsed, Seth Jones has a massive hole to walk in. On this one it's doubly funny because they weren't even caught over chasing Bedard, they were chasing Teravinen, a guy who isn't a major shooter.
Screen Shot 2024-10-13 at 10.21.26 AM.png

4: Now it's Janmark/Ryan, but again they lose the plot and give Jones all the time in the world to move it to Teravinen on the right side and into the middle for a goal
Screen Shot 2024-10-13 at 10.21.51 AM.png

5: This one's better if you watch the clip but it's Janmark/Ryan again, Janmark chases a guy to Ryan's side and Ryan doesn't switch coverage and is way too slow to realize he needs to shade over, leaving Teravinen open for a one timer.
Screen Shot 2024-10-13 at 10.22.43 AM.png

AlainVigneaultsGum

Holidays in two days
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2012
Calgary, AB
Interesting, they are currently running a 16.7% PK through two games. I just checked out the goals they ceded and and almost all of them are from the forwards being way too slow applying pressure or losing their guys and being too slow to recover. I am totally fine with this trend continuing.

1st: Kyle Connor has lots of time to walk in and snipe, RNH too slow to get to him, Derek Ryan on the other side literally motionless for most of this clip
View attachment 916146

2nd: Arvidsson takes the wrong person opening up a gaping hole for Ehlers to step into. Henrique too slow to keep up with ScheifeleView attachment 916147

3rd: Arvidsson/Henrique again, they get caught collapsed, Seth Jones has a massive hole to walk in. On this one it's doubly funny because they weren't even caught over chasing Bedard, they were chasing Teravinen, a guy who isn't a major shooter.
View attachment 916148

4: Now it's Janmark/Ryan, but again they lose the plot and give Jones all the time in the world to move it to Teravinen on the right side and into the middle for a goal View attachment 916150

5: This one's better if you watch the clip but it's Janmark/Ryan again, Janmark chases a guy to Ryan's side and Ryan doesn't switch coverage and is way too slow to realize he needs to shade over, leaving Teravinen open for a one timer.View attachment 916152

1000062624.png

1000062625.png

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: GranvilleIsland

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Joel Blomqvist looking pretty good for the Pens. He was going to be a Canuck if they hadn’t traded their 2nd in the Toffoli deal that year. That one stings a bit…

What is up with the frequency of these type of posts? The Canucks still had Dipietro and drafted Silovs the previous year. The immediate thought is they would have drafted a goalie over a D, C or winger with size?

Plus the mistake isn’t in trading for Toffoli it was using up all the time to chase OEL and not re-signing Toffoli and Tanev.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
What is up with the frequency of these type of posts? The Canucks still had Dipietro and drafted Silovs the previous year. The immediate thought is they would have drafted a goalie over a D, C or winger with size?

Plus the mistake isn’t in trading for Toffoli it was using up all the time to chase OEL and not re-signing Toffoli and Tanev.

I think there was some reporting out there just after the draft was that they were targetting Blomqvist with the pick they ended up using on Jurmo (3rd) but he went back half of the 2nd round.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria

I will be endlessly smug about criticizing the Yzerplan years before it was trendy.

Those back to back years of adding Husso 4.75MM x 3 + Copp 5 x 5.65MM + Chiarot 4 x 4.75MM and then Compher 5 x 5.1MM and Holl 3 x 3.4MM were legitimately Benning-esque.

Reactions: Vector

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Remembering the structure that Tampa had with their asst GMs focusing on different roles etc, makes you see that perhaps Yzerman was a good manager when he had great people under him making him look good. Now that he doesn't, he's exposed.

Reactions: timw33

Hooz

Oct 25, 2017

This isn’t me projecting what I wanted with that pick. It was heavily rumoured at the time that Blomqvist was Clark’s guy and he was pushing hard for management to make that pick. Also, I don’t think the Toffoli trade was a mistake. It was just a random comment about a hypothetical scenario that almost happened.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad