Around The League Thread | Let the Games Begin

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Crosby is just playing his career out. Guy has 3 cups and probably just wants one more crack at the Olympics to end his career.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Crosby is just playing his career out. Guy has 3 cups and probably just wants one more crack at the Olympics to end his career.
At least with the extension, there won't be talk about him moving on from Pitt. He's content.
But, it's a bummer that we won't see him in the PO before he retires.

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
Patrick Kane's career success is inextricably linked to the Hawks drafting Toews, Seabrook and Keith. It remains an open question as to whether this current version of the Hawks can bring together a similar caliber of talent. If not, Bedard will be in tough to even come close to Kane's accolades.

That said, it's my recollection that Bedard wasn't really being compared with Crosby or McDavid, that he was more of the next step down - McKinnon, Matthews.
Bedard is an exceptional status player who had better PPG than Mcdavid in junior and international play on worse teams. And he was being compared to Crosby and McDavid. Because he's at that level.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Track record in Car wasn’t great but he was given a pass due to Karmanos being cheap. With money in Sea hasn’t really done anything. Or committed one way or another. No state tax like LV but big money moves leave something to be desired.

WA doesn't have state income tax but they do have high taxes in other areas like property taxes and sales tax that balances it out. Seattle is a pretty expensive city to live in (granted many live in the suburbs outside of Seattle).

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
NHL postponed the Car at TB game on Sat. Wonder when the Canucks will be notified whether their game in TB on Tuesday is a go or not. TB is home to Car, Van, LV before going on the road.

Can they make up 3 games at the end of the year? Or does the NHL make the call to have them play in Sunrise or somewhere else instead if it's not logistically possible to make up the games without dipping into their mandated 5 days off or ASG break.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
NHL postponed the Car at TB game on Sat. Wonder when the Canucks will be notified whether their game in TB on Tuesday is a go or not. TB is home to Car, Van, LV before going on the road.

Can they make up 3 games at the end of the year? Or does the NHL make the call to have them play in Sunrise or somewhere else instead if it's not logistically possible to make up the games without dipping into their mandated 5 days off or ASG break.
Depends on how f***ed up the city is right? I imagine it will take a few days for them to figure out how badly damaged everything is in Tampa.
I am guessing the game will have to be postponed, there is not enough time for the evacuated people to come home and clean stuff up and then go to a hockey game.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck

Depends on how f***ed up the city is right? I imagine it will take a few days for them to figure out how badly damaged everything is in Tampa.
I am guessing the game will have to be postponed, there is not enough time for the evacuated people to come home and clean stuff up and then go to a hockey game.
Not just the city, but the arena in particular as well. I haven't seen any reports on it other than a guy on reddit said he heard from people walking by it that it just looked like minor cosmetic damage to the outside of the building.

Tampa's baseball stadium wasn't so lucky

• Wow
Reactions: AlainVigneaultsGum

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Not just the city, but the arena in particular as well. I haven't seen any reports on it other than a guy on reddit said he heard from people walking by it that it just looked like minor cosmetic damage to the outside of the building.

Tampa's baseball stadium wasn't so lucky
Well I think it depends on the state of the city. Seems inappropriate to have a game if the city is in disaster recovery mode.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Well I think it depends on the state of the city. Seems inappropriate to have a game if the city is in disaster recovery mode.
Yes obviously, but I'm saying if the arena has any meaningful damage they may have to move somewhere else to play home games for an extended period of time.

Reactions: arttk

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Yes obviously, but I'm saying if the arena has any meaningful damage they may have to move somewhere else to play home games for an extended period of time.
NHL always leans towards money. But, how many games can they postponed for TB and still fit it all in before the end of the season. Again, have a 3 game homestand and the first is postponed but it's CAR and with their distance, easier to make up than VAN/LV will be.

Might make more sense (though not financially) to play somewhere else. Sunrise (FLA) is free on Tuesday. Van will be in FLA on Thursday when LV is due to play TB. LV due to play FLA on Sat, so shifting the Thurs game in TB to a Fri game in Sunrise to play B2B in same city might make the most sense.

Reactions: Nuckles

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad