Around The League Thread | Let the Games Begin

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
I remember a few posters here jumping over to become Kraken fans.

I also remember Francis being praised for hiring a diverse management team when Francis simply hired his friends or family members of former teammates.

Then there’s the prediction that they would surpass the Canucks by their expansion +3 year.

I remember member

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
I really hope the Canucks put the claim in on Lavoie just to mess with the Oilers.

If they have to carry him on their roster that's like $3m they can't spend at the deadline.
Would be funny if another GM is blackmailing the Oilers right now.

Diversification

Jun 21, 2019
I know there was "generational" talk with Bedard, but if his career turns out to be "Patrick Kane", I don't think Hawks fan would be really sad about that (3 Cups, Art Ross, Hart, Conn Smythe, Lindsay, Calder).
Patrick Kane's career success is inextricably linked to the Hawks drafting Toews, Seabrook and Keith. It remains an open question as to whether this current version of the Hawks can bring together a similar caliber of talent. If not, Bedard will be in tough to even come close to Kane's accolades.

That said, it's my recollection that Bedard wasn't really being compared with Crosby or McDavid, that he was more of the next step down - McKinnon, Matthews.

moiderer

Jul 28, 2021
Vancouver
The Habs look like they're gonna be a really fun team. Could score a lot of goals, especially once Laine returns.

Liking Hutson's confidence and willing to go for laps, but the puck movement hasn't been that crisp or calm yet.

Too early to comment on Leafs changes but OEL-Tanev feels like an alt universe.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
The Habs look like they're gonna be a really fun team. Could score a lot of goals, especially once Laine returns.

Liking Hutson's confidence and willing to go for laps, but the puck movement hasn't been that crisp or calm yet.

More curious of the Habs backend and how that group develops. Savard has a year and Matheson 2 before they are ufa and not brought back. The rest have 114 games and fewer nhl games under their belt. Guhle, Barron ,X, Struble, Hutson. Curious to see how many outside of Guhle lock down their spot moving forward with the team if any.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011

Yeah but the Leafs and Oilers something something...Canada's team, Cup, Matthews! -Sportsnet

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Patrick Kane's career success is inextricably linked to the Hawks drafting Toews, Seabrook and Keith. It remains an open question as to whether this current version of the Hawks can bring together a similar caliber of talent. If not, Bedard will be in tough to even come close to Kane's accolades.

That said, it's my recollection that Bedard wasn't really being compared with Crosby or McDavid, that he was more of the next step down - McKinnon, Matthews.
He was label as the best prospect since McD and a potentail generational player.
I guess generational player tends to put up like 100 pts in rookie seasons.
McD was on pace to do that, Crosby did it, Ovy did it. List is short for a reason.

Sucks to see the last remaining productive years of Crosby's career wasted on an awfully constructed team
Malkin and Letang are kinda cooked. We’ll find out if EK is too this season. Hard to compete when all the key guys are like done.

Scumbag Frank

Hard Time in the Slammer
Apr 13, 2010
Vancouver
Lane Hutson looks real gud™

The dudes in the Willander thread bashing him last year saying he wouldn't translate to the NHL...wrong
Obviously needs some improvement on D but that's a given

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Lane Hutson looks real gud™

The dudes in the Willander thread bashing him last year saying he wouldn't translate to the NHL...wrong
Obviously needs some improvement on D but that's a given
One of the things I learn during the Benning years is don’t proclaim you are right too early. For a guy that didn’t really defend ever in college, improvement on D is not a given.

moiderer

Jul 28, 2021
Vancouver
How do the Leafs make hockey look so hard?

Lots of perimeter play for the talent level. Feels like the stars haven't warmed up yet.

Kudos to the Habs for dogging it and having some nice looks but they've been exposed for huge spans but haven't had to pay for it.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
How do the Leafs make hockey look so hard?

Lots of perimeter play for the talent level. Feels like the stars haven't warmed up yet.

Kudos to the Habs for dogging it and having some nice looks but they've been exposed for huge spans but haven't had to pay for it.
Treliving magic

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad