Around the League - Pre-Season 2024-2025

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
Montreal stinks.

Easily the worst team I've seen so far. It wouldn't surprise me if they come last in the league by a wide margin. Words can't even describe how horrendous their power play is.

If Ottawa makes the playoffs Ullmark should win the Hart.

Because Ottawa stinks too. The only games I anticipate they win are the ones Ullmark steals, they get lucky, or they play an even worse opponent. Otherwise they should he competing with Montreal for a lottery pick.

The only thing either of those two teams do well is stand up for one another.

I guess when you stink in every other aspect of the game that's important. Gotta keep team morale up somehow. It's bad enough facing the prospect of losing half the games you play.

Doing it while getting pushed around every night makes for a long and miserable season.

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
Montreal stinks.

Easily the worst team I've seen so far. It wouldn't surprise me if they come last in the league by a wide margin. Words can't even describe how horrendous their power play is.

If Ottawa makes the playoffs Ullmark should win the Hart.

Because Ottawa stinks too. The only games I anticipate they win are the ones Ullmark steals, they get lucky, or they play an even worse opponent. Otherwise they should he competing with Montreal for a lottery pick.

The only thing either of those two teams do well is stand up for one another.

I guess when you stink in every other aspect of the game that's important. Gotta keep team morale up somehow. It's bad enough facing the prospect of losing half the games you play.

Doing it while
lf Ullmark gets them to post-season, he'll be looking at a substantial raise himself since he's on a one year deal. l'd love to see him strong arm Ottawa.

conFABulator

Apr 11, 2021
I actually feel better about our goaltending situation that what the Bruins have.

Swayman is the best goalie in either organization right now and I am not suggesting otherwise. I do think Woll could get to that level and soon, but he also could not.

However, Woll and Stolarz at $3.5M vs Swayman and Korpisalo at $11.5M is a big factor in this comparison. If everyone plays to their expected levels we might see an team save percentage of .915 (Boston) to .912 (Toronto) and that's a difference of seven to ten goals across an entire season and less than one goal across a seven game series. Is there any way to suggest this gap is worth $8M on the cap?

Also, Boston's number three is young with potential and not waiver exempt. They either have to keep him and burn another _800K on goaltending or risk losing him.

This has not been well played by Boston at all. Arbitration with Swayman last year, trading Ullmark before locking in Swayman, having to take back salary in living Ullmark, Neely's comments and the tension between sides. Not well played and not a hometown discount from Swayman.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
If Ullmark makes it to UFA next year the Leafs should offer him $11M and let Tavares walk.
I don't think I could imagine a more horrendous contract than that. Besides, Ottawa will probably sign ullmark to a massive contract within the first month of the season, and then he will promptly shit the bed like every other Ottawa goalie has playing behind that terrible team.

Reactions: Jimmy Firecracker

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad