Around the League - Pre-Season 2024-2025

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
They run a tight ship, this seems like a big anomaly. Then again they have not been shy about moving guys who don’t fit their culture (Kessel, Seguin, Hamilton)… maybe Swayman is next

Well their priority has been to extend the guy. Can't imagine he's randomly started to clash with their culture now.

I mean... that's his job, so I guess he's doing a good job for his clients??? Maybe teams could start avoiding drafting his clients going forward though??

They'd probably run into some cba trouble with the league eventually. But not really a realistic option since players are free to change agents at a moments notice.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
You don't want to see young players with injuries like that. Even if he's done something stupid

At least it wasn't a cheap shot. it was a clean hit. Montreal fans will obviously spin that anyway they like

I was hoping Reinbacher would stay healthy, play the season and get totally get destroyed by Matvei

Last edited by a moderator:

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
Montreal has had the worst luck with their young stud prospect players staying healthy.

I was kinda hoping all these guys would stay healthy and be producing by now so there would be more competition and more better hockey. I'm sick of seeing the same four bottom feeders get the shit kicked out of them while the same four top teams vie over playoffs seeding every year. Another rivalry with Montreal would only be a good thing so far as I'm concerned.

Maybe if one of these crap four teams could ever get their shit together it might finally spook Leafs management into changing things up before they start missing the playoffs again.

Leafs1991

Nov 17, 2015
You don't want to see young players with injuries like that. Even if he's done something stupid

At least it wasn't a cheap shot. it was a clean hit. Montreal fans will obviously spin that anyway they like

I was hoping Reinbacher would stay healthy, play the season and get totally get destroyed by Matvei
Wy are you pitting Michkov vs Reinbacker? It makes zero sense.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Will be interesting to see how this will play out. Last time Gross had a high-profile negotiation drag on like this with Nylander and the Leafs in 2018, both sides kept things relatively in-house. Here Don Sweeney and Cam Neely have thrown down the gauntlet and the mud-slinging is in full swing to try and force Swayman to sign a deal.

I'm curious to see if the Bruins brash approach will lead to a quicker end to things, or if Gross and Swayman dig their heels in even more. If these Boston tantrums hasten things I'll wish Dubas and the Leafs had started talking smack to the media back then.
It's certainly nice to see this happening for another team. To credit Dubas that despite messing up in the end, at least he never used the media to battle during the Marner dispute. Bruins are in a bad spot even if they do sign him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad