Around the League - PLAYOFFS!?

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
If Hyman had been willing to accept 4-4.5 he would still be a Leaf.
Seriously, would you have taken a 20% haircut after watching the 3 amigos go through the wall to get every last cent? He offered the Leafs a discount and they passed. I blame the Leafs. Shanny blew the rebuild when he hired a 35 year old rookie GM who had his head in the clouds.

8 years for hyman was a huge risk with his knee injuries.
No risk, no reward. Oilers play tomorrow night, we are teeing off this morning.

Reactions: hockeywiz542

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
I am pretty stoked for the Eastern Conference finals. Two absolute juggernauts with hot goalies going at it. The collection of elite talent in this series and the Western Finals is un matched. We are going to be watching some historically elite stuff. Florida and New York are going to go to battle and with Rempe and Bennett running around we can expect to see some out of hand shitstorm Randy clown show stuff occur. This a series where players like Trouba and Tkachuk can impact the series with their hitting. The West I feel will be more of a tactical chess match with lots of overtime. It's a good time for playoffs hockey.
Screenshot_2024-05-22-10-28-50~2.png

Last edited:

Da Mash

Jul 14, 2022
Always like Hyman and he is just a very good player that plays the game right.

Would of loved to keep him....but oh well....water under the bridge now.

We wasted so much cap room and assets for old players that alot of people thought would help the leafs mature and get over the hump. Instead most of the signings did nothing to move the needle. Just like tre signing this past year.

I bet Florida regrets trading Hyman for McKegg

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Always like Hyman and he is just a very good player that plays the game right.

Would of loved to keep him....but oh well....water under the bridge now.

We wasted so much cap room and assets for old players that alot of people thought would help the leafs mature and get over the hump. Instead most of the signings did nothing to move the needle. Just like tre signing this past year.

I bet Florida regrets trading Hyman for McKegg
The two guys actually three that I wished the Leafs kept were Hyman, Brown and Kadri.
Esp Hyman and Brown, these two are true Swiss Army knife all situations players. With high motor, high compete level and never take a shift off.

Brown is not good now bc of injuries more than anything.

Reactions: Da Mash

Da Mash

Jul 14, 2022
The two guys actually three that I wished the Leafs kept were Hyman, Brown and Kadri.
Esp Hyman and Brown, these two are true Swiss Army knife all situations players. With high motor, high compete level and never take a shift off.

Brown is not good now bc of injuries more than anything.

I liked those guys too.
Brown is done with injuries like you mentioned and Tre paying Naz 7 mil a year with a M-NTC clause in his contract the last few yrs to 28/29 season isnt a good contract. But he did have his best season with the Avs to help them win the cup and also it was a contract year.

Im happy for Hyman..... I dont want to see Edm win the cup but then again. Once the leafs are out I dont watch much hockey.

Reactions: Gabriel426

TheGreenTBer

the only language I speak is FAILURE
Apr 30, 2021
In Toronto, Sheldon definitely was pushed by both his bosses and the core players themselves in the direction of appeasing the core at the expense of the team itself. Hopefully he doesn't let the Hughes clique do the same.

Last edited:

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Game one of seven, please. If it does go seven I wont complain too much that it’s the ESPN series.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad