Around the League - PLAYOFFS!?

Oct 15, 2014
The Duke's Archives
To win against Boston, it needs to be 2-1 or 3-2 type games. So yes, this is exactly how we win the next two games.

Predators also just beat Vancouver 2-1. It is the way to be successful in the playoffs.

It's not THE way. Everyone who has moved on or is currently leading their series is averaging 3+ a game, except for Vancouver.

Leafs are averaging fewer than 2 goals a game. How is that a recipe for success? And asking your goalie to bail out your supposed high powered offense every game?

I am just begging them to come out flying and score multiple goals in a period for once.

blue stick

Jan 28, 2019
Was at the Nucks game tonight and it was my first live playoffs exp. It was amazing and I loved it. Could only imagine what’s it with the Leafs.
I lived there in Van and attended games for many years. Leafs home games are much more boring, more empty suits.

Reactions: PROUD PAPA

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019

Atlantic Division hockey has been a grind.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I don't know how Kevin Cheveldayoff keeps his job after this. He hasn't done a horrible job, if anything it's a well constructed team without any anchors, but something has to give no? He's been there forever with nothing to really show for it.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
I don't know how Kevin Cheveldayoff keeps his job after this. He hasn't done a horrible job, if anything it's a well constructed team without any anchors, but something has to give no? He's been there forever with nothing to really show for it.
Chevy is fine for now. Avs just crushed them and I don’t think there is any teams that can keep up with the Avs at this moment.
What can you do when your Veniza goalie gave up 5 goals a game? And you can’t blame him either.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County

Chevy has done well in a market that would be tricky to retain guys .. I don’t think his seat is hot yet, but warm

Reactions: SprDaVE and ToneDog

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Chevy is fine for now. Avs just crushed them and I don’t think there is any teams that can keep up with the Avs at this moment.
What can you do when your Veniza goalie gave up 5 goals a game? And you can’t blame him either.
Chevy has done well in a market that would be tricky to retain guys .. I don’t think his seat is hot yet, but warm

That's fair. I just think that 13 years is a long time and when you have very little to show for it, it might be time. But I do think he's done some good bit of business on that team for sure. The way he handled Trouba, Laine, E. Kane and various other issues and still coming out on top for the most part is definitely not easy.

Reactions: BertCorbeau

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
That's fair. I just think that 13 years is a long time and when you have very little to show for it, it might be time. But I do think he's done some good bit of business on that team for sure. The way he handled Trouba, Laine, E. Kane and various other issues and still coming out on top for the most part is definitely not easy.
Pretty much. I think he had a good rapport with agents and other GMs, just around the league. Also being in Winnipeg might help him get better deals as it is a small market and people rarely talks about it. Where as a big market like Toronto, other GMs are more vary not to lose bc it will be in their faces all the time.

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
Screenshot_2024-05-01-13-22-56~2.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad