Around the League - PLAYOFFS!?

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
But how are they doing this against a solid defensive team with the Vezina winner in net?!?!?
Short answer: They're better.

Longer answer: They utilize speed and transitions like no other team in the league, and aside from the PP, that's how you score goals; within 7-10 seconds of crossing the blue line. You can't just score by cycling against teams with good structure and D.

Also, Mackinnon has the will to move a mountain if he wants to.

Oct 15, 2014
The Duke's Archives
Short answer: They're better.

Longer answer: They utilize speed and transitions like no other team in the league, and aside from the PP, that's how you score goals; within 7-10 seconds of crossing the blue line. You can't just score by cycling against teams with good structure and D.

Also, Mackinnon has the will to move a mountain if he wants to.

Lol yep, no disagreements there. My post was a shot at those who have said "Leafs are always running into Vezina goaltending" as an excuse for their scoring issues

Reactions: HolyCrap

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Yup, they have a viewpoint for how they want to construct their roster and find players who fit it

We're a weird mix of speed/skill along with gritty players. There's no direction here
The difference is Mack, Ranten, Makar and Landy set their culture and the way they play.
I remember reading somewhere that a former player was saying Mack got this insane diet.
Also those guys hate losing, like absolutely hate losing.
Whereas our guys set the relax culture and it is always the support players that didn’t deliver and most of all, they don’t hate losing as much as the Avs top guys.

Budz22

Sep 18, 2018
I always laugh when the Leafs are pitted against the Jets in comparison talent wise. Well it’s true cause we both suck.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Jets are a joke, enjoy the Helle contract. Looking forward to Avs dismantling Edmonton again

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
The difference is Mack, Ranten, Makar and Landy set their culture and the way they play.
I remember reading somewhere that a former player was saying Mack got this insane diet.
Also those guys hate losing, like absolutely hate losing.
Whereas our guys set the relax culture and it is always the support players that didn’t deliver and most of all, they don’t hate losing as much as the Avs top guys.
The story was was that Mack follows an insane diet and called out his teammates for being undisciplined with their diets.

People called him a monster for it yet it actually showed the insane standard he imposes on his team. It's called a winning culture.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
The story was was that Mack follows an insane diet and called out his teammates for being undisciplined with their diets.

People called him a monster for it yet it actually showed the insane standard he imposes on his team. It's called a winning culture.
Mack played 7 years before Makar arrived and never made it out of the first round. Missed the playoffs 4 times.

It's what gives me hope for the Leafs, the right player at the right time could make a huge difference

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad