Around the league part 2

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
The Canucks made a handful of low risk quality moves that really added depth to their roster:

Suter 2 x 1.6M
Cole 1 x 3M
Soucy 3 x 3.25M
Blueger 1 x 1.9M
Zadorov for 3rd Rnd Pick

Suter would've been a way better 3rd line center than PLD and cost nothing.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Mcdavid gave a pretty good slash at the end on a Canuck, got slashed back , then got crosschecked from behind moments later. I'm sure all of Canada is crying suspension.

I can assure you, all of Canada is not crying about it. McDickhead is not loved by all north of the border. It was a thing of beauty to see, but I would not be shocked if Soucy sat a game.

SmytheKing

Apr 7, 2007
im by no means rooting for the canucks but i love that by soucy and zadorov

mcdavid has gotten away with SO much on the kings with no pushback

dude wants to whack you at the end of the game? perfect. show him he's not untouchable.
Nah. Cross-checking someone in the lower back from behind is a cowards move. Soucy is taking the blame, but Zadorov gave a chicken-shit shot to a guy who wasn't aware it was coming. He should be sitting for a few.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Nah. Cross-checking someone in the lower back from behind is a cowards move. Soucy is taking the blame, but Zadorov gave a chicken-shit shot to a guy who wasn't aware it was coming. He should be sitting for a few.
and that was a baseball swing from mcdavid

i kinda feel bad for soucy too though, don't think he was aiming for the head but mcdavid crumbled right then from zadorov's

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Really? There was nothing suspension worthy on this play. If the Zadorov cross check is one, then so is McDavid's swing.

At most, this is a fine to Soucy who would not have hit McDavid where he did if McDavid wasn't falling (some would argue selling).

SmytheKing

Apr 7, 2007
Really? There was nothing suspension worthy on this play. If the Zadorov cross check is one, then so is McDavid's swing.

At most, this is a fine to Soucy who would not have hit McDavid where he did if McDavid wasn't falling (some would argue selling).
Hysterical. Ok then. Cross-checking someone from behind in the lower back is identical and as dangerous to you as giving someone a shot in the hockey pants. Got it. I'm not even going to debate that nonsense.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Hysterical. Ok then. Cross-checking someone from behind in the lower back is identical and as dangerous to you as giving someone a shot in the hockey pants. Got it. I'm not even going to debate that nonsense.
I should have never even brought it up to someone calling for a multiple game playoff suspension on a nothing cross check.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

Bullshit.

If you're going to enter the scrum with a baseball swing when time's up, you get what's coming to you and you'd better be ready. Maybe he believes he's untouchable because of his abilities; he just found out he's wrong. Especially going after Soucy--what did he think was going to happen, ref would rescue him? This didn't happen out of nowhere, Soucy is edgy but a pretty honest player.

I don't like Zadorov coming in from behind but you have to expect that reaction, you just invited a melee.

SmytheKing

Apr 7, 2007
Bullshit.

If you're going to enter the scrum with a baseball swing when time's up, you get what's coming to you and you'd better be ready. Maybe he believes he's untouchable because of his abilities; he just found out he's wrong. Especially going after Soucy--what did he think was going to happen, ref would rescue him? This didn't happen out of nowhere, Soucy is edgy but a pretty honest player.

I don't like Zadorov coming in from behind but you have to expect that reaction, you just invited a melee.
Soucy should have taken a swing at him. Ragdoll him. I don't have an issue with what he did. He was going to give him a shot in the chest and I'm all for it. Go for it. Zadorov is the issue here. I'm not sure where you're thinking I said anything about Soucy. In fact, I said the opposite.

Reactions: YP44

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
There’s no debate here. McDavid has been predatory and has gotten away with it because the Kings have no men on the team. If McDavid wants to play like that and build that kind of a reputation then swings at Soucy, he has it coming. All of it is above the belt for me.

Smythe you are being obtuse because you don’t even consider the fact that Kane has been running players. That’s why Zadorov has been going after him.

It’s all fair game. Proportionality.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
There’s no debate here. McDavid has been predatory and has gotten away with it because the Kings have no men on the team. If McDavid wants to play like that and build that kind of a reputation then swings at Soucy, he has it coming. All of it is above the belt for me.

Smythe you are being obtuse because you don’t even consider the fact that Kane has been running players. That’s why Zadorov has been going after him.

1715620406899.gif

SmytheKing

Apr 7, 2007

Hitting someone from behind is never ok. It's cowardly. I don't give a shit how cheap someone is playing. If you sucker-punch them, you're a coward. Was the punch that Bertuzzi gave Moore from behind right? I mean "he had it coming" didn't he?

Come on. If McDavid did what Zadorov did y'all would be calling for his head and talking about what a POS he is.

Reactions: YP44

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Hitting someone from behind is never ok. It's cowardly. I don't give a shit how cheap someone is playing. If you sucker-punch them, you're a coward. Was the punch that Bertuzzi gave Moore from behind right? I mean "he had it coming" didn't he?

Come on. If McDavid did what Zadorov did y'all would be calling for his head and talking about what a POS he is.
I think the biggest reason Bertuzzi doesn't apply here is it was strict headhunting days later.

When it's in the heat of the moment with some sticks and crosschecks already being thrown, the behavior is more understandable.

Would I be okay with it happenong to a Kings player? No. Bur I'm also happy when Kings goalies make saves and am not happy when a Kings opponent makes a save. I'm biased.

But if Byfield was shoving some players swinging their sticks and showing assertiveness, I'd rather that than having them sit there and take it without repercussions for the offender.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad