Around The League - OFFSEASON?!

Malachi Crunch

Sep 24, 2022
The only problem is that Pittsburgh Management Fenway Sports brought in kid Clueless :dunce: to be GM and President of the Pens with the ownership mandate to turn around the Pens and to allow Sid and Geno a few more runs at the Cup, ** With The PENS **.

After bringing in $10 mil Karlsson, once again putting himself in Cap Hell, while trading away his 1st and his second round picks he missed the playoffs finishing worst then the team he inherited that also missed the playoffs previously.

So now Sid after watching his GM fumble and stumble around this year again at the draft (without traded high picks) and free agency no wonder Sid is having doubt as his GM drives the Pens into the ground.

The Penguins essentially substituted Kevin Hayes in for Reilly Smith, who was dealt to the New York Rangers this week, before signing forward Blake Lizzotte (LAK), defensemen Sebastian Aho (NYI) Matt Grzelcyk (BOS), Anthony Beavillier (CHI) and a handful of minor league players.

Just look at this UFA haul both quantity and player SIZE and production and he thinks this improves the Pens into a Cup contender. :laugh:

View attachment 892215
& he even brought in former Soo and Leaf prospect 5-9 Mac Hollowell as his big day 1 signing.

View attachment 892217

I feel bad for Crosby, but anybody that couldn't see this disaster coming wasn't paying attention to the train-wreck the GM was in Toronto.
Geez. Is height just a social construct to Dubas? You can't run a team properly if you have weird hang ups. A hockey team is not a platform to prove something or another.

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
The best thing Pitts can do is move Crosby at the TDL.

Get a huge haul, open the door for moving Letang and Malkin to restock your system and rebuild. Their window closed and they were never getting it back open with that core.

I suspect it probably means more to the organization (ownership) to have him retire as a Penguin, at least as far as Crosby goes.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Steve Yzerman has no idea what he's doing, the shine has worn off.
The shine was only ever there because he already had Stamkos and Hedman before he arrived and then his amateur scouts hit massively on Kucherov and Point beyond the 1st rounds. Been yellin that Stevie Y is an overrated GM ever since he left Tampa. Glad people are finally seeing it.

Guy had the easiest gig in Tampa. A top tier team in a market everyone wants to play in with no income taxes.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
It's amazing how teams are abusing Dubas for the betterment on their own rebuild process.

SJ trades the Pens Erik Karlsson last summer carrying a $10 mil AAV and Dubas gives up Leafs 1st and 2nd round picks in the process and then MISSES the Playoffs.

Without Karlsson SJ finishes last ... Wins the Draft lottery, and gets to draft 1st overall and new Franchise star Macklin Celebrini and then get gifted another top pick and draft London Dman Sam Dickenson.

1720110794548.png

1720110848905.png

The Pens are in free fall while Dubas goes on his annual dumpster diving mission now, and SJ just turbo charged their own rebuild process adding to 2 key building blocks & also own Pen high 2nd rounder from next year.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
It's amazing how teams are abusing Dubas for the betterment on their own rebuild process.

SJ trades the Pens Erik Karlsson last summer carrying a $10 mil AAV and Dubas gives up Leafs 1st and 2nd round picks in the process and then MISSES the Playoffs.

Without Karlsson SJ finishes last ... Wins the Draft lottery, and gets to draft 1st overall and new Franchise star Macklin Celebrini and then get gifted another top pick and draft London Dman Sam Dickenson.

View attachment 892259

View attachment 892260

The Pens are in free fall while Dubas goes on his annual dumpster diving mission now, and SJ just turbo charged their own rebuild process adding to 2 key building blocks & also own Pen high 2nd rounder from next year.

Leafschadenfreude - the emotion experience of pleasure in response to an ex-Leaf’s misfortune and failure

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Crosby only has one year left and is about to turn 37. How big a haul could they get?
2x first at least. Also creates a ripple for Malkin and Letang retained next year
I suspect it probably means more to the organization (ownership) to have him retire as a Penguin, at least as far as Crosby goes.
I'm sure you're right and I think they're at a point where they know they're spiraling (finally) but want Crosby to usher in the next generation

VanW27

Jun 9, 2003
Canada
Are Vegas really going to go in to the season that weak on the wings?

That’s terrible.
Doesn't look too bad to me.

-Stone
-Hertl (one of him and Karlsson will play LW)

Those are two high end wingers

-Barbashev is a nice complimentary piece in the top 6

-Olofsson (injury issues last year but back to back 20G seasons before that)
-Holtz (16G as a rookie last year)
-Dorofeyev (13G in 47GP as a rookie last year)

A bit of a risk with those 3 but theres upside too. If those guys falter they probably look to add a middle 6 winger but those aren't typically that hard to find.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006

-Stone

A bit of a risk with those 3 but theres upside too. If those guys falter they probably look to add a middle 6 winger but those aren't typically that hard to find.

They went out in round 1 and traded march and Stephenson

For olofsson and holtz.

Vegas fans are saying hertl is 2c

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario

-Stone

That's why the Marner for Karlsson+ base made sense to me. They have an extra 2C who would be perfect for both Toronto and Nylander.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
That's why the Marner for Karlsson+ base made sense to me. They have an extra 2C who would be perfect for both Toronto and Nylander.

Yep. They are going to trade a D (they already said korczak is an every day player.

Theo plus karlsson for Marner would have worked. Plus let us get a ufa winger
Now I don’t see why we would need Theo with oel.

now I think Seattle is the play. You can get wright and a winger.

TheShape

Oct 25, 2018
You don't win the cup in the offseason but Jeff Jackson has done an incredible job in Edmonton. Pretty funny considering the guy has no interest in being a GM.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
You don't win the cup in the offseason but Jeff Jackson has done an incredible job in Edmonton. Pretty funny considering the guy has no interest in being a GM.

He’s done a nice job adding some secondary scoring but that D core is the same .. they had a chance to bolster it in free agency but didn’t

TheShape

Oct 25, 2018
He’s done a nice job adding some secondary scoring but that D core is the same .. they had a chance to bolster it in free agency but didn’t
Banking on Broberg taking a leap, their hands are tied on that albatross Nurse contract. Ceci is probably where they upgrade at the TDL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad