Around the League | No lead is safe in Round 2!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BimJenning

Feb 17, 2008
Vancouver
Didn't comment on it yesterday, but the Avs looked completely deflated after losing Nuke and having Toews injured. Dallas is looking great. They are insane at drafting forwards. Unless Colorado has a massive turnaround, I can't see anyone taking them in the west.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Didn't comment on it yesterday, but the Avs looked completely deflated after losing Nuke and having Toews injured. Dallas is looking great. They are insane at drafting forwards. Unless Colorado has a massive turnaround, I can't see anyone taking them in the west.

I wouldn't count out COL just yet. Mac and Makar both have this almost super natural ability to drag the team back with sheer force of will.

What I'm not understanding is, why the COL fans are so angry? Didn't their team just hoisted Lord Stanley 2 years ago?

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
The addition of Tanev and the emergence of Stankhoven and Johnston has been amazing for the Stars.

They're def my pick to come out of the west. Almost makes you wonder if Tanev will want a extension. If they could get Pavelski going they would be a very very heavy favorite.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
To continue on with this...

The Blackhawks told CBS the organization hired an outside investigator to examine the allegations in this lawsuit and said there was insufficient evidence to substantiate the claims.The team also said the people identified by the plaintiff in connection with her sexual harassment allegations “are not, and have never been, independent contractors with nor employees of the Chicago Blackhawks.”

calnuck

Nov 26, 2010
CA
Well this is easily one of the worst anthem singers I’ve ever heard lmao what am I listening to

Nomobo

Feb 20, 2015
Victoria
For those clamoring
for the return of Tanev, he’s been taking a beating and one big hit away from LTIR or worse. Careful what you wish for…

Reactions: canuckking1

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
it is an odd thing that we have no problem judging someone who chooses to drink too much and then drives drunk and harms someone. even though no doubt their judgment was impaired at the time they made the fateful decision to drive we hold them fully morally accountable for the harm they do.

but we are just supposed to have compassion for addicts who do the same thing endlessly to people in their lives. i have some compassion for nichushkin destroying his own life. most likely he is not in rational control of the decisions he is making right now even if he thinks he is. but ultimately addicts do make initial choices that lead down the road to them not being in control and those choices cause harm and chaos to everyone around them and perpetuate their own illness and other harm in themselves and others. it bothers me that we treat it just as a medical condition now and pretend it is just the universe and they are helpless passengers.

so i have more compassion for someone like jack johnson dealing with the shit sandwich that an addict just handed him even if it's nothing compared to what nichushkin has done to himself. johnson gets off lightly compared to most victims of addicts but it still sucks to have what he has worked hard for upended.
I am always upset when billionaires get screwed over by millionaires.

As a trillionaire myself, I feel bad for those living in poverty.

Reactions: Nopefully
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad