Tidbits: Around the League: NHL News - 2024-25

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Last year's thread: Around the League: NHL News - 2023-24

New league year, new thread. This how it is supposed to work, right?

fuuny-cat-gray-cat.gif

Reactions: TaLoN

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Nate Schmidt placed on waivers by Winnipeg. Still a useful bottom pairing guy. Well liked in the locker room. I wonder if Guerin has any interest.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Nate Schmidt placed on waivers by Winnipeg. Still a useful bottom pairing guy. Well liked in the locker room. I wonder if Guerin has any interest.
I sure hope not, even though i always liked him since his days at the U. We've got Merrill(blech), and Chisholm, and Hunt really needs to see some NHL TOI this year, after a solid season in the AHL. Schmidt would be blocking that.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
I sure hope not, even though i always liked him since his days at the U. We've got Merrill(blech), and Chisholm, and Hunt really needs to see some NHL TOI this year, after a solid season in the AHL. Schmidt would be blocking that.
I’d love giving Schmidt all of Merill’s minutes.

I like what I’ve seen of Chisholm so far. Need to see Hunt take a significant step next season.

BuiumSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
NSH loading up on old dudes. I think they’re team could be quite good next year, though I’m not sure what they’re actually doing because they’re going to hit a wall with those guys.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I like what NSH has done for their team so far. The term is a bit long on some of the deals, but they should have a couple of really good years before they hit that wall.

Reactions: keppel146

BuiumSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I think they’ll be good next year, but don’t see them as a contender and they’ve willing given out term to a bunch of 30+ players. Some players even older

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Has Suter signed yet? Or is he waiting for July 4th again?

He's probably waiting for literally any of the 32 teams to offer him a contract, I'd guess

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
He's probably waiting for literally any of the 32 teams to offer him a contract, I'd guess
Maybe, but I suspect he has demands. There was an NHL insider (can't remember which, now) that said Suter was already receiving interest from teams on the day he was bought out. If all he needed was someone to bite, I think he'd be signed already. I would bet he's angling for more term, more dollars, or top-4 icetime.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Maybe, but I suspect he has demands. There was an NHL insider (can't remember which, now) that said Suter was already receiving interest from teams on the day he was bought out. If all he needed was someone to bite, I think he'd be signed already. I would bet he's angling for more term, more dollars, or top-4 icetime.

1 year, NMC, maybe w/ bonus money, from a contender would be my guess. I don't see him taking a contract from a bottom feeder just to keep playing.

Reactions: BagHead

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
1 year, NMC, maybe w/ bonus money, from a contender would be my guess. I don't see him taking a contract from a bottom feeder just to keep playing.
Fully agree. I think he wants a somewhat meaningful role in a contender. From what I know about him, he won't be happy being a 7th defenseman, and won't be happy missing the playoffs this late in his career.

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
I think they’ll be good next year, but don’t see them as a contender and they’ve willing given out term to a bunch of 30+ players. Some players even older
Nashville has to win now though. It’s now or never for them; I like what they’ve done. They made their team better.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
As a breaking up of the old boy's club, hopefully this is a step toward hiring the best people for the positions regardless of their previous hockey credentials. I have no idea how the best people to run a complex organization are the same people as who have played NCAA, CHL, and/or NHL hockey. A complete statistical anomaly, surely.

Reactions: Soldier13Fox

Wasted Talent

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2011
As a breaking up of the old boy's club, hopefully this is a step toward hiring the best people for the positions regardless of their previous hockey credentials. I have no idea how the best people to run a complex organization are the same people as who have played NCAA, CHL, and/or NHL hockey. A complete statistical anomaly, surely.

There are a couple of European assistant coaches, maybe we'll eventually see some such head coaches as well.

Not sure who'd have the balls to take the first step.

Reactions: BagHead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad