Around the League 45: The Stanley Cup is in God's Waiting Room

chaz4hockey

Old man but still a PP2 Candidate
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
A simple google search would do you good.

Also reading what i said is also helpful. I said while anything in its direct path will be hit hard (wouldn’t be good were my actual words), storms these size don’t create the wide spread storm surge and raining. That is absolutely true, btw

More area of a storm, the more ocean it is pushing inland (wide spread) and the larger the storm the longer the winds are pushing the ocean (impact in specific areas).

My wife and I have paid attention to this Orlando meteorologist since we were down there for the last hurricane. He has said all the stuff I posted here, which i looked up to verify
Sorry, you are just wrong < I realize that you like to be expert on almost everything :) >.

FWIW: I've been through a more Hurricanes in my lifetime than your cursory Orlando experience and as a retiree :), I've had plenty of time to watch the weather channels today (it impacts me directly).

To your incorrect point--it won't hit the Coast narrowly as you suggest as the Weather Channel is suggesting that this storm will expand greatly as it gets to the Coast (thus, surge and wind field from Naples up to north of Tampa).

This is a 100 year type storm that has reached wind levels almost never experienced in the Gulf/Atlantic Basin and with storm surge targeted to be significant along almost the entire West Coast of Florida (graph below from National Hurricane Center).

As noted, Milton will impact almost the entire Florida peninsula through winds, storm surge, power failures and rain (ie Jax could get 18") with major damage/storm surge not only on the West Coast but also to the East Coast including Daytona Beach through Jax up to SE Ga.

The only densely populated area in Florida that will miss most of the challenges will be the Miami area (people in jeopardy need to go there or more preferably to Atlanta and definitely not to Orlando. Orlando is typically is not a good city to be during major Hurricanes due to flooding coupled with usual significant tree damage...south Fl does much better because their Palm tree profiles handle wind much better).

NHC's latest graph: Naples to Tampa will see storm surges that are both life threatening and also residence damaging.

1728333611047.png

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Sorry, you are just wrong < I realize that you like to be expert on almost everything :) >.

FWIW: I've been through a more Hurricanes in my lifetime than your cursory Orlando experience and as a retiree :), I've had plenty of time to watch the weather channels today (it impacts me directly).

To your incorrect point--it won't hit the Coast narrowly as you suggest as the Weather Channel is suggesting that this storm will expand greatly as it gets to the Coast (thus, surge and wind field from Naples up to north of Tampa).

This is a 100 year type storm that has reached wind levels almost never experienced in the Gulf/Atlantic Basin and with storm surge targeted to be significant along almost the entire West Coast of Florida (graph below from National Hurricane Center).

As noted, Milton will impact almost the entire Florida peninsula through winds, storm surge, power failures and rain (ie Jax could get 18") with major damage/storm surge not only on the West Coast but also to the East Coast including Daytona Beach through Jax up to SE Ga.

The only densely populated area in Florida that will miss most of the challenges will be the Miami area (people in jeopardy need to go there or more preferably to Atlanta and definitely not to Orlando. Orlando is typically is not a good city to be during major Hurricanes due to flooding coupled with usual significant tree damage...south Fl does much better because their Palm tree profiles handle wind much better).

NHC's latest graph: Naples to Tampa will see storm surges that are both life threatening and also residence damaging.

View attachment 913240
so we are not googling. ok.

good thing front is supposed to hit this thing and weaken it before it gets to florida.

hey dont let weather.com stop ya from being wrong though

• Size (Radius of Maximum Winds)
  • A larger storm will produce a higher surge. There are two reasons for this. First, the winds in a larger storm push on a larger ocean area. Second, the strong winds in a larger storm will tend to affect an area longer than in a smaller storm.
or let his map of the Heline's storm surge prove you wrong. higher storm surge. across florida. that was a massive storm.
1728335135427.png

Last edited:

chaz4hockey

Old man but still a PP2 Candidate
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
so we are not googling. ok.

good thing front is supposed to hit this thing and weaken it before it gets to florida.
"weaken" = 125+ mph which just means the wind, surge and rain will expand greatly at landfall and impact millions.

I did Google, where do you think the NHC graph came from (and I've researched more pages than I'm sure you have) and btw it's now 180mph.

For someone as yourself who is clearly inexperienced in this area, you sure come in as the "expert".

I may not know cap specifics or some player specifics like you but I know Hurricanes and it's impact.

edit: my last comment on this...I know you can't help yourself and you will respond :)

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
now back to actual hockey stuff, maybe someone can do some research on that too.

only one waiver change for tomorrow, the recently signed Watson with Detroit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad