Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Some f***er capfriended him?!
washington-capitals-slapshot.gif

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Current leading theory is that he found a job working for one of the teams.
Not sure if has any validity, but I read in another thread from some tweet that it was related to something that happened at the draft.

If so, I guess what happens in Vegas really doesn't stay in Vegas after all.

Reactions: DaveG

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
Not sure if has any validity, but I read in another thread from some tweet that it was related to something that happened at the draft.

If so, I guess what happens in Vegas really doesn't stay in Vegas after all.
Interesting.....in this world of abundant social media chatter you would think that if there was some form of impropriety it would have leaked already.

Reactions: Boom Boom Apathy

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
Am I the only one who thinks the Brock Faber deal is a bit of an overpay, but mostly it feels pretty premature for a guy who put up 47 points and whose possession numbers don't feel all that impressive. I know next to nothing about "expected" stats, so maybe he's an expected goals/points monster. He did play against top competition a lot.

Still, it's 1 year of production.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Am I the only one who thinks the Brock Faber deal is a bit of an overpay, but mostly it feels pretty premature for a guy who put up 47 points and whose possession numbers don't feel all that impressive. I know next to nothing about "expected" stats, so maybe he's an expected goals/points monster. He did play against top competition a lot.

Still, it's 1 year of production.
I was surprised. That’s a big leap after one year but as someone in the main thread said, you have to take risks to get a value contract sometimes. If they bridge him and he does well it’s more expensive down the road.

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
More color on the Marek situation in this Athletic article.

The Athletic is suggesting he was let go by leaking proprietary pick information to someone outside the company (a friend who specializes in social media). Since it could have gambling impact the League came down on Sportsnet who then let him go.

tidbit I didn't know: for "broadcast rightsholders. The production truck is notified of the pick approximately one or two minutes before it’s made so that graphics can be prepared, video clips readied and cameras trained on the player about to find out he has been selected".

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Feb 23, 2014
More color on the Marek situation in this Athletic article.

The Athletic is suggesting he was let go by leaking proprietary pick information to someone outside the company (a friend who specializes in social media). Since it could have gambling impact the League came down on Sportsnet who then let him go.

tidbit I didn't know: for "broadcast rightsholders. The production truck is notified of the pick approximately one or two minutes before it’s made so that graphics can be prepared, video clips readied and cameras trained on the player about to find out he has been selected".

... bur Seravalli still gets to keep his job?

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
If that's all it is and there was no nefarious intent on anybody's part for like a huge gambling scam or anything, I'm hopeful he'll pop up somewhere prominently this season in hockey media. I don't know how much latitude they have in a situation like that with rights and contracts and whatnot (and it seems dumb since every pick is leaked these days in all sports a few minutes ahead of time) but it would suck to jettison the guy who has been around for a while and done a lot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad