Around the League 45: The Stanley Cup is in God's Waiting Room

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Houston makes too much sense. Good non-NHL history of the game, lots of oil companies and WM is HQed there, instant rival with the Dallas Stars.

Atlanta has Coca-Cola, Delta, and Georgia Pacific and TNT is there. If they can be better than the Hawks of the NBA, then they're a success.

Also, need to find out where Lee Stempniak is so we can expose him in the draft.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Yeah, Houston has been an obvious fit for years, it's just been an issue with the NBA and arena ownership not being interested and no other arena, but they got a new owner a few years ago IIRC, who has different ideas.

Atlanta? Honestly fully expect them to succeed this time now that the expansion rules allow for a competitive team. They were doing okay as the Thrashers, just the Spirit Group was evil.

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
I just hope they leave the thrashers brand dead and buried. I didn’t like anything about it- name, logo, jerseys… I guess the color scheme could maybe work with a different design but to my taste it never did

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
I just hope they leave the thrashers brand dead and buried. I didn’t like anything about it- name, logo, jerseys… I guess the color scheme could maybe work with a different design but to my taste it never did
I'm fully expecting Atlanta Phoenix or Firebirds.

589px-Seal_of_Atlanta.png

Incorporates flames, birds, and rebirth. And hell, you don't need to look that far for a logo- just redraw that seal in a modern art style.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad