Around the League 43: Playoff Time- Goodbye Buffalo, Goodbye Yzerplan. And Goodbye Yotes, Welcome Utah.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
Haven't watched em, but I had Dallas going into the playoffs as the best team in the league. Canes looked awful when we played them. I'm hoping, if we advance to the finals, that we play anyone other than Dallas.

The one weakness that Dallas has is on defense. Very good top 4 but questionable depth. Looking at how they distribute TOI, they might want Hakanpaa back soon if they don't want Heiskanen to go down out of pure exhaustion.

Reactions: Tryamw

CanesUltimate11

Nov 24, 2008
Northern Virginia
This certainly isn't going to help with the rumors surrounding these guys. It really does seem like they're only in it for the money.
I really don't like this outlook on sports. If you're sick/injured enough that you're going to be a liability on the ice then don't play. Let someone fully healthy step in and trust in your team like they did in game 5.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
still food poisoning? or was it a virus?
I mean if it's the shit I've had the past couple days I get it, this shit is outright debilitating. Lost my voice Tuesday at work and am still a work in progress on that front, and that's after being off sick yesterday and today, having a hell of a time keeping food down, and my HR is way out of whack. Weird things is all the cultures came back negative.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
I believe it’s Marner and Nylander on their shit list, not Matthews. And frankly, I’m not really interested in either of those two, because what Toronto fans are saying about them is correct (at least, in their time in Toronto)
I wouldn’t touch any of them on that team. Let that stink stay right where it is and let others pick at that carcass.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Nah, if they want to give us Matthews, I’ll gladly take him.
I wouldn’t. I like the balanced payroll flexibilty of the level of players we have. Watching the Avs do the dance of trying to win with high end guys looks harder than what we’re doing. We can lose a couple of guys and still be good, we have depth. Super star salaries change that quick.

As great as he is, he is also pretty reliant on getting fed pucks to unleash the shot. If we have to pay someone that much I’d lean to someone who creates his own chances more than Matthews does. I was just watching a YouTube video of all the goals he scored this year. He scored a couple of nifty ones off making a move but primarily lurks around waiting to be fed for his shots a la Brett Hull. He’s like a more versatile Ovy in that he can hit the net from more places.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I wouldn’t. I like the balanced payroll flexibilty of the level of players we have. Watching the Avs do the dance of trying to win with high end guys looks harder than what we’re doing. We can lose a couple of guys and still be good, we have depth. Super star salaries change that quick.

As great as he is, he is also pretty reliant on getting fed pucks to unleash the shot. If we have to pay someone that much I’d lean to someone who creates his own chances more than Matthews does. I was just watching a YouTube video of all the goals he scored this year. He scored a couple of nifty ones off making a move but primarily lurks around waiting to be fed for his shots a la Brett Hull. He’s like a more versatile Ovy in that he can hit the net from more places.

He does make a lot of money, that's true. But on the other hand, he put up 70 goals. So if it makes you feel better, cut his salary in half and assume you're paying 5.7 million a piece for two 35-goal scorers.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
He does make a lot of money, that's true. But on the other hand, he put up 70 goals. So if it makes you feel better, cut his salary in half and assume you're paying 5.7 million a piece for two 35-goal scorers.
I wouldn’t complain if we got Matthews but I probably wouldn’t fall over myself trying to get him. My brain more imagines the next Rod or ROR as our next 2C, not that I have any idea who that is.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Domi and Marchand have been going at it all series. I remember Nino and Trocheck going at Marchand in that 2022 series, not so much Domi.

Reactions: DaveG

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad