Around the League 43: Playoff Time- Goodbye Buffalo, Goodbye Yzerplan. And Goodbye Yotes, Welcome Utah.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
The more I think about it, the more I think Outlaws is the right call. It’s unique compared to other teams in the league, the color scheme and mascot would be easy to parse, and it’s relevant to the state of Utah (Butch Cassidy being born there).

Only negative I can think of is that the name comes off as a little “minor league”, but that could just be an something that will become normalized in time/use.

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
The more I think about it, the more I think Outlaws is the right call. It’s unique compared to other teams in the league, the color scheme and mascot would be easy to parse, and it’s relevant to the state of Utah (Butch Cassidy being born there).

Only negative I can think of is that the name comes off as a little “minor league”, but that could just be an something that will become normalized in time/use.
I guess if they wanted to move up to the "major league", then they could be the Utah Murderers....:sarcasm:

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009

Ladies & Gentleman, boys and girls, children of all ages, the city of Salt Lake proudly brings to you its soon to be Stanley Cup Champions of the wooooooorrrrlld, the U-TAH Outlaws!

And if you aint down with that we got 2 words for ya : SOAK IT!

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
Ladies & Gentleman, boys and girls, children of all ages, the city of Salt Lake proudly brings to you its soon to be Stanley Cup Champions of the wooooooorrrrlld, the U-TAH Outlaws!

And if you aint down with that we got 2 words for ya : SOAK IT!
Soak it?

Is this the comeback of super soakers?

Buenos Necas

lets go canes
Jul 18, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Outlaws is my favorite of the names they've trademarked thus far, the other options aren't really that inspiring. I hope they stay away from any of the meme names.

Not sure if they'd do this with Vegas already using Golden in their name, but I think a Golden Eagles throwback would be pretty cool. Revive the old color scheme for the jerseys, can tie it in with the green/yellow shades the Jazz use (used?). Would be a unique look since only the Wild's color rush used those colors. Could use more green in the league anyway.

CanesUltimate11

Nov 24, 2008
Northern Virginia

There is already a so called major league team who's mascot is a pig and who plays kids games on the ice after wins... I think they can get away with Outlaws

:sarcasm:

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
So they are saying they have 8 mascot ideas they are working through

My guesses:

Venom (Snake/Scorpion longshot)
Yeti (Yeti)
Blizzard (Snowflake?)
Outlaws (Cowboy)
Miners (Miner)
Yodelers (Ricola guy)
Eagles (Eagles)
Utah Hockey Club (Some Gritty lookalike)

Reactions: Daeavorn
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad