GDT: Around The League 24/25. Preseason ends, the regular season begins!!

CanadasTeam99

Jul 22, 2024
And Nashville.
Great. They will be gunning for that win tomorrow

Has anyone checked out the goal simulations on NHL.com. I think it's pretty neat and the OT goal for the Oilers against the Flyers is hilarious when you watch the Michkov dot. (#39)

See below...
I love this new feature. A poster posted it in the PGT Winnipeg thread here

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Has anyone checked out the goal simulations on NHL.com. I think it's pretty neat and the OT goal for the Oilers against the Flyers is hilarious when you watch the Michkov dot. (#39)

See below...

Nurse looks so funny in some of these. Like Kirkland's goal when we played the Lames.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Georgiev having another tough night
Colorado was a team that I had as prime for potentially taking a possible big step back. Their cap and the situation with both Nickoshkin and Landeskog have left them with really one line and even then they have been forced to break up MacKinnon and Rantenan. Their pp has been red hot and the big boys are producing. But so far this year their issue has been keeping the puck out of their net. Of course it is still early and I expect them to right the ship. But they are not the power house that they were only a few years ago.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.

See below...
It simplifies the play and movements of players like Howie Meekers "telestrator" used to do. I think its a good coaching and learning tool but lacks the look at sticks in passing lanes and what players are doing other than their positioning. Its interesting. Would be fine with them superimposing the circles on the actual footage, Kind of how the US broadcasters will break down some plays on TNT.

Last edited:
Reactions: subnet

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Dallas is the next contender to face a serious cap issue next year. Even if Benn takes a massive hit in his pay they could be looking at shedding $4-5M. And it may be just as bad the year after.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad