GDT: Around The League 24/25. Preseason ends, the regular season begins!!

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Was it? I think he had to take the money while he could. He's in that category of negligible guarantees. The 2M sounds good and I doubt he'd get more.

Vinnie after all is age 28 and barely in the league even in prime. There wasn't going to be much or any money in hockey after this.
If he is on the shelf a lot this year he may well find himself a buyout candidate, though his contract is pretty good in that regard.. I suspect if he stayed in Edmonton he could have gotten two years at $1.5M or so and would have probably had a longer leash. Ultimately, the longer he stays in the league the more money he will make.

Reactions: oilers'72

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Was it? I think he had to take the money while he could. He's in that category of negligible guarantees. The 2M sounds good and I doubt he'd get more.

Vinnie after all is age 28 and barely in the league even in prime. There wasn't going to be much or any money in hockey after this.
This was probably his only opportunity to get a contract that is a bit more than league minimum.
After this contract is done he’ll probably bounce around the league on PTO and league minimum deals. That being said, I’d rather have him on our team over the dumpster collection of Brown/Stecher/Dermott/Emerson.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
This was probably his only opportunity to get a contract that is a bit more than league minimum.
After this contract is done he’ll probably bounce around the league on PTO and league minimum deals. That being said, I’d rather have him on our team over the dumpster collection of Brown/Stecher/Dermott/Emerson.
I'd rather listen to Madonna sing than get VD.

• Wow
Reactions: oilers'72

Coffees

blackhawk down
Nov 12, 2021
Massachusetts
Hey guys I'm respecting your guys request of staying off the Oilers threads, but I figure since this is the around the league thread, I would be welcomed here.

Anyway, I wanted to bring up the fact that Jiricek was benched on the Blue Jackets for Jack Johnson. Are they tainting his development ?

Seems bizzare and I really do think he will want out eventually, I think Oilers should be all over that and even if you have to trade away futures, it may pay off.

cheers

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
It seems like sportsnet has put every St.Louis game on TV, they are just trolling us

Broberg another second assist for backhanding a puck into the back of his teammates skate a few feet in front of him in his own zone.

Broberg … he’s so hot right now … broberg

so-hot-right-now-trending.gif

CanadasTeam99

Jul 22, 2024
Only reason nucks aren't losing is their goalie. Horrible defensively tonight

Wish we could get 5 pps in a game. Or 6. I lost track they get so many

Coffees

blackhawk down
Nov 12, 2021
Massachusetts
Imagine signing a 11+ million extension, and your fans are talking about baby steps and how you might start turning a corner (Ep40)
Canucks look like they did take a step back from last year; however, skinny Pete is still skinny Pete.

I’m not saying he’s guaranteed to returning to elite form , but I personally wouldn’t count him out

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rogle BK @ HV 71
    Rogle BK @ HV 71
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $716.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ilves Tampere @ HIFK Helsinki
    Ilves Tampere @ HIFK Helsinki
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $55.00