GDT: Around The League 24/25. Preseason ends, the regular season begins!!

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Nuck fans thought the Forbort Desharnias pairing would be amazing because "wow they're big!" Meanwhile people with brains could see that pair as a problem from a mile away.
With Vinny we had Kulak who skates like the wind and defends with strong positioning and strong reads. They complimented each other well. Forbert and Vinny are too much of the same thing.

Reactions: oilers'72 and K1984

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
It’s not too bad, it’s similar, but not quite as good, as NFL Redzone, which is the best thing since the invention of ketchup. ;) But it’s a good start, great way to watch multiple games.

It reminds me of NHL Live in the US. Love the format. Wish it was on every night. It’d kill Sportsnet which is a good thing.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
zOmG Broberg with a secondary assist!!!1

62AA6119-28D1-46C0-94F0-1BDAF3D11C85.gif

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
3 points for Elias Lindholm tonight, 2 points for Zadarov, both of these guys were among the best Canucks in the Edm-Van series ... think Vancouver is going to regret letting them both walk.

Reactions: oobga

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Celebrini is the real deal. He has that McDavid quality of having very fast puck moving that always seem to go to the right spots.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
zOmG Broberg with a secondary assist!!!1

From the bench (didn't get the +). And the goal was a pass a Sharks player perfectly deflected up past the goalie.

Broberg still carrying his luck from last playoffs. Although, somehow Blues down 3-1 to the Sharkies.

3 points for Elias Lindholm tonight, 2 points for Zadarov, both of these guys were among the best Canucks in the Edm-Van series ... think Vancouver is going to regret letting them both walk.

All good. Leagues best player TJ Pilsner will get infinity points with infinity hits to make up for it. Every single rush up the left side when the Canucks need a goal late, slap shot goal is automatic.

Last edited:

CanadasTeam99

Jul 22, 2024
From the bench (didn't get the +). And the goal was a pass a Sharks player perfectly deflected up past the goalie.

Broberg still carrying his luck from last playoffs. Although, somehow Blues down 3-1 to the Sharkies.

All good. Leagues best player JR Miller will get infinity points with infinity hits to make up for it.
Hey they kept TJ Gretzky out of pre season games or all but one. Gotta rest the GOAT

Sharks beating the tar out of the blues

Keep it up SJ

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Celebrini with the 1st goal of the game and also has an assist already
He's looking good. Really i like him more than Bedard already. SJ running the Blues right out of the rink in 2nd period. Just completely on top of them and outskating them.

Not sure why Kostin isn't in as he scored a couple in preseason. But this is definitely a deeper Sharks lineup than last year. Looking like a .500 club. Blues going nowhere tonight. Broberg and Holloway are on 2nd unit PP so they're really trying to make these guys happen.

Reactions: Mr Positive

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Celebrini is the real deal. He has that McDavid quality of having very fast puck moving that always seem to go to the right spots.
He circles around like Denis Savard. Some will remember that name. Kid is gonna be good. Circling away from defenders leaving them in their undies. Pretty good vision, not just on the two pts but he's making plays happen. If one drawback is he's sometimes trying plays that are going the other way but thats the cost/benefit in trying some fancy stuff.

All good. Leagues best player TJ Pilsner will get infinity points with infinity hits to make up for it. Every single rush up the left side when the Canucks need a goal late, slap shot goal is automatic.
TJ? who are you guys talking about?

Hey they still have Petey. lol.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
TJ? who are you guys talking about?

TJ Pilsner? The most elite 2-way forward in the league. Master of PDO. Shut down McDavid last playoffs (32% SF%, 42% xGF, 50% GF vs McDavid). Always scores the key goals late. Wears funny designer shirts to spark unknown goalies to play like Vezina contenders. You know the guy.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Jack Hughes is a helluva player.
Sarcasm? All the Hughes kids are crying whiny ass bitches.

TJ Pilsner? The most elite 2-way forward in the league. Master of PDO. Shut down McDavid last playoffs (32% SF%, 42% xGF, 50% GF vs McDavid). Always scores the key goals late. Wears funny designer shirts to spark unknown goalies to play like Vezina contenders. You know the guy.
I missed the injoke on TJ Miller. This musta been one brewing here for awhile. At least he's not Petey Carlsberg.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003

I missed the injoke on TJ Miller. This musta been one brewing here for awhile. At least he's not Petey Carsberg.

Sorry I only edited my post to that after CanadasTeam99 replied calling him TJ Gretzky.

Haha, I got to see classic Codi Ceci just now, but playing for another team.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Goalie that took his team to game 7 of the finals Stuart Skinner for the lowly MacKenzie Blackwood? :) Every time I watch the Sharks it reminds me of Ullmark in Buffalo, only the Sharks players are even worse.

oooh, Blackwood lets in a softie to ruin my image of him.

Last edited:

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB

I missed the injoke on TJ Miller. This musta been one brewing here for awhile. At least he's not Petey Carlsberg.
no sarcasm....I find Jack Hughes my favorite player to watch after McDavid, and Quinn hughes is not far behind,
That Trio are very likable and f***ing really good at hockey.
IMO will turn out as the best trio of brothers to play in the NHL.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad