GDT: Around The League 24/25. Preseason ends, the regular season begins!!

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
Looking at the ice in Florida tonight you realize how much they purposely made it crappy for Game 7 after the Oilers torched them on the transition for Games 4-6. It's still not great, but players can at least pivot and puck isn't bouncing everywhere.

Reactions: PBandJ

94 Oil Drops

SKINNER(S!)
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
I hate the fact that Utah hockey team's jersey and name are so utterly uninspired. Utah is a beautiful state filled with amazing landscapes and diverse wild life. So many cool potential names and designs they could of chosen from in the off season.

Reactions: oilers'72

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Brobergs game today is just like in the playoffs.

Get absolutely dominated in every metric, get a goal and apparently it cancels it out

Wasn’t even a good shot, just a lucky goal like his playoff goals

The narrative that he was good in the Finals is one of the more annoying that I’ve heard around here and in hockey talk generally.

He stunk in the Finals, straight up. Simply arguably (and emphasize arguably) being better than Ceci is enough to put him on some sort of pedestal somehow. The guy has played around 5 good games in the NHL total. Maybe.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
Empty seats all over the place for a teams first ever home game. Why did they move to Utah again?
Billionaire owner that is willing to spend the big money to join the club and increase franchise values. Bonus points that he does not nickel and dime every vendor. Plus SLC secured the Winter Olympics so significant public money will be used to upgrade the arena.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
An Alberta election is 3 years away. Why is a smear piece airing twice a commercial break? It's maddening.

I'd even take a Wrapped in Red event commercial at this point.

Years ago I was at a friends house and he mutes every commercial break. It’s a brilliant tactic that I’ve adopted ever since.

Almost every time anyone describes a commercial they hate I usually have no idea what they’re talking about. It’s bliss.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad